Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeanAppleDude

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Hey guys,

Why the hell doesn’t Netflix accept PayPal?!?!?

I was just wondering if anybody wanted to share their Netlfix account with me. I just want to be able to watch the instant movies online, and am not looking to get DVDs in the mail. I would be willing to pay $4 per month.

Thanks!

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
Hey guys,

Why the hell doesn’t Netflix accept PayPal?!?!?

I was just wondering if anybody wanted to share their Netlfix account with me. I just want to be able to watch the instant movies online, and am not looking to get DVDs in the mail. I would be willing to pay $4 per month.

Thanks!

they probably don't want the unreliability of paypal to deal with. cutting off people's accounts and such

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
I will mention this simply because I had a similar dilemma(I have a PS3 and my parents just got a wifi blu-ray with netflix) and contacted netflix to ask - You can have up to 5 or 6 devices tied to a single Netflix account for streaming-that is you could, theoretically, have your mac, pc, PS3, xbox and iPad all set-up for streaming-keep in mind that you could only have one Cue.

So if you can find someone wiling to share their cue with you that may be easier

petebkrdude

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
Really?!?

A Netflix prepaid card can be found at any:
Major grocery store
Major gas station
Major hardware chains
Walmart
Kmart
Khols
Target
Best Buy
Home Depot

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
A Netflix prepaid card can be found at any:
Major grocery store
Major gas station
Major hardware chains
Walmart
Kmart
Khols
Target
Best Buy
Home Depot

Im not sure what the OP issue is exactly other then not being able to use paypal, but if its lack of a credit or debit card....a prepaid netflix card will be useless! Even with a prepaid card a credit card is still required to be on file unless something has changed recently.

Cartaphilus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
No one outside your household is permitted to use your streaming Netflix subscription, as set out in the Netflix licensing agreement:

3.1 Content. Title and intellectual property rights in and to any content displayed by or accessed through the Software belongs to the respective content owner. Such content is protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties, and is subject to terms of use of the third party providing such content. Apart from your right to view the third-party content, this License Agreement does not grant you the right to copy, distribute, prepare derivative works, publicly display, or make other use of such content. You are prohibited from engaging in or facilitating the unauthorized P2P file-sharing of third-party content, such as the unauthorized posting, making available, uploading, downloading or other distribution of such third-party content.

Further:

Unless otherwise specified, the Netflix service, and any content viewed through our service, are for your personal and non-commercial use only and we grant you a limited, non exclusive, non transferable, license to access the Netflix service for that purpose.

I'm sure a board with the integrity of MacRumors would not appreciate their servers being used to facilitate a violation of intellectual property rights. And living in Philadelphia I doubt you'd want to have to travel to California where the Netflix agreement allows them to sue you either in Federal or state court. If you fail to appear (in person, or by a California lawyer you hire), a default judgement will likely be rendered against you which can be executed in Pennsylvania to levy on your bank accounts, real or personal property, or to garnish your wages, if any.

For a lousy four bucks more a month you can avoid these risks, and in the bargain avoid making yourself a thief. You may have heard that Santa Clara County, where you will have consented to personal jurisdiction, doesn't look kindly on people who steal from tech companies, and, frankly, neither do I.

Last edited:

petebkrdude

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
Cc or not

Or go to Walmart and purchase a prepaid Visa and use it....
There are many options for those who wish it.

SeanAppleDude

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the help guys.

I actually figured out that you can add PayPal as payment method.
Crazy right?! Did they just add this feature, because I could never find it?

BigYellow

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2006
Canada
No one outside your household is permitted to use your streaming Netflix subscription, as set out in the Netflix licensing agreement:

3.1 Content. Title and intellectual property rights in and to any content displayed by or accessed through the Software belongs to the respective content owner. Such content is protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties, and is subject to terms of use of the third party providing such content. Apart from your right to view the third-party content, this License Agreement does not grant you the right to copy, distribute, prepare derivative works, publicly display, or make other use of such content. You are prohibited from engaging in or facilitating the unauthorized P2P file-sharing of third-party content, such as the unauthorized posting, making available, uploading, downloading or other distribution of such third-party content.

Further:

Unless otherwise specified, the Netflix service, and any content viewed through our service, are for your personal and non-commercial use only and we grant you a limited, non exclusive, non transferable, license to access the Netflix service for that purpose.

I'm sure a board with the integrity of MacRumors would not appreciate their servers being used to facilitate a violation of intellectual property rights. And living in Philadelphia I doubt you'd want to have to travel to California where the Netflix agreement allows them to sue you either in Federal or state court. If you fail to appear (in person, or by a California lawyer you hire), a default judgement will likely be rendered against you which can be executed in Pennsylvania to levy on your bank accounts, real or personal property, or to garnish your wages, if any.

For a lousy four bucks more a month you can avoid these risks, and in the bargain avoid making yourself a thief. You may have heard that Santa Clara County, where you will have consented to personal jurisdiction, doesn't look kindly on people who steal from tech companies, and, frankly, neither do I.

Waaaaaow settle down there cowboy! Did someone find **** in their cheerios this morning?

And OP, yes I believe that's a new thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.