Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parkschr

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Dayton, OH
Ok, I have Chicken of the VNC running and everything works fine. I set it up to control my dad's computer. He says he can see the mouse move around on his screen that I am controlling.

However, I can not see his mouse when he is moving it around. I know when he has clicked something, but don't actually see his mouse move.

I am new to the VNC stuff.

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
Ok, I have Chicken of the VNC running and everything works fine. I set it up to control my dad's computer. He says he can see the mouse move around on his screen that I am controlling.

However, I can not see his mouse when he is moving it around. I know when he has clicked something, but don't actually see his mouse move.

I am new to the VNC stuff.

What you describe is what I'd expect no matter what client you use. But maybe my expectation is misguided.

tido2012

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I seem to be having trouble with Chicken of the VNC as well. I keep getting the following error message

Connection Terminated
Unknown rectangle encoding 7864321 -> exiting

If I use jollyfastvnc I dont have any problems. I tried changing the colors to 256 and still had the same problems. I currently have my display set to 0 and I dont have view only, allow other clients.., or fullscreen display checked off. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem or knew how I may be able to fix it? Thanks a lot for any help, this is just getting really frustrating since I cant seem to find anything online about this. I am trying to access it using 10.6.6 on my MBP and I'm running Veency on a 3GS 4.1 (8B117) with MAC filtering network settings. Not sure if this would help at all since jollyfastvnc seems to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.