Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I have alot of peripherals around my computer, and have got quite alot of cords all over the place on my desk, how does everybody here keep their cords neat?

mmduluth

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2011
I've learned that zip-ties are my best friend. I have all the cords for my printer, lamp, etc. zip-tied together and it makes everything look a lot nicer.

On a side note, if you do it with your computer on the desk make sure you don't tie the charger in with it. I made that mistake the first time! LOL! :D

aCondor

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2010
United States
I second the zip-tie option. Next time you buy a loaf of bread, save those ties and use 'em with your wires. Rubber bands could work as well - but not nearly as good as zip-ties.

saejro

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
I have alot of peripherals around my computer, and have got quite alot of cords all over the place on my desk, how does everybody here keep their cords neat?

I also like zip ties. They even have ones with sticky pads to hold them in place. The other options is velcro straps specifically made to tie electrical cords together. These are reusable.

http://cableorganizer.com/wire-wrap/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.