Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daaaaaan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I've searched, and cant find anything.

I came from a blackberry and use to having a "phone calls only" sound profile.

How do i create/enable something similar on the iPhone 4?

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
I've searched, and cant find anything.

I came from a blackberry and use to having a "phone calls only" sound profile.

How do i create/enable something similar on the iPhone 4?

Set you text tone to none and turn off all the other sound options.

For push you'll have to individually go through each notifications setting and turn off the sound option.

daaaaaan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I have to go through each setting individually? Are you kidding me!?!?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Out of curiosity daaaaaan, in what situation would you want to disable text notifications, email, etc. but leave intact the ability to receive phone calls?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, on a JB iphone you can do tons of things that Apple wont allow you yet.
Hope you didnt expect all options and features you had on your BB or other phones to be available on the iphone OS.

iFitz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Not really difficult. Just go to settings>sounds and turn the notifications to off.

AML225

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Out of curiosity daaaaaan, in what situation would you want to disable text notifications, email, etc. but leave intact the ability to receive phone calls?

I can't answer for him but I prefer this mode at work, when I'm busy, or in a meeting. People from my company will call my cell phone rather than my desk phone because I move around a lot. It's not uncommon where I work to step out of a meeting to take a phone call from a client/customer.

I would also like to have this for when I'm sleeping. Right now I just turn on airplane mode but I'd like to be able to receive phone calls incase something truly important comes up.

Just a few scenarious when I'd love to have this phone only profile.

mahoneks

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
Sleep Mode

You can put the phone in "Do Not Disturb" mode but under settings, and under "Allow calls from" you have to select "Everyone" This will turn all other notifications off but allow calls from any number. You can also schedule it so that this happens only during work hours.

Still kind of a pain, but not too bad.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
You can put the phone in "Do Not Disturb" mode but under settings, and under "Allow calls from" you have to select "Everyone" This will turn all other notifications off but allow calls from any number. You can also schedule it so that this happens only during work hours.

Still kind of a pain, but not too bad.

Yeah, maybe if they had iOS 6 2.5 years ago....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.