Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashground

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
I need a USB keyboard for my Mac. Since you can get PC keyboard pretty much anywhere for $10, I assumed that there would also be cheap Mac keyboards somewhere, somehow. I can't seem to find anything under $40-$50, though. What are the cheapest keyboards out there? Is there a particular store people order from? Or is my best bet to buy a PC keyboard and Sharpie the Mac keys onto it? Ghetto, I know, but I might just get frustrated enough to do it.

briantology

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
$65 after shipping. Still 6x more than you'd pay for a cheap PC keyboard. I guess I'll just stalk eBay for now.

$22.84 from Amazon.

I've actually used this keyboard for a few years now. I like everything about it, except the last time I checked, the driver for the volume keys was a little quirky (though it did work).

svenn

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Not to hijack or anything, but I have a question that is also keyboard related.

Can someone point out a good place (read cheap) to pick up an early 08 MBP keyboard? I'm talking about the generation before unibody, silver keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.