Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedPwnerRanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
I'm looking for an add-on or tweak or something that can essentially make my phone act as a USB drive? I see there's PwnTunes, and also one called "USB Drive" in Cydia that claims to be incompatible with iOS4. Does anybody know if either of these work, or of anything else? Even in the App Store? (and I'm looking for one that doesn't require a program downloaded on random computer I'd be at, as most of the App Store ones I've seen require this).

I'm running 4.2.1 with redsn0w and greenpois0n on an iPhone 4, btw.

bmacir

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009
I'm looking for an add-on or tweak or something that can essentially make my phone act as a USB drive? I see there's PwnTunes, and also one called "USB Drive" in Cydia that claims to be incompatible with iOS4. Does anybody know if either of these work, or of anything else? Even in the App Store? (and I'm looking for one that doesn't require a program downloaded on random computer I'd be at, as most of the App Store ones I've seen require this).

I'm running 4.2.1 with redsn0w and greenpois0n on an iPhone 4, btw.

There's an app for that in the app store, can't remember the name though

RedPwnerRanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
No apps required (and no jailbreak required, either)! Just use iPhone Explorer (works for Mac or PC).

http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/

No, I don't think you understanding what I'm looking for, sorry. I know how to SSH into my phone and all (and that iPhone Explorer's cool too for a non-jailbroken phone, yeah), but I'm looking for something that I can install on my phone that can allow me to plug my phone into any random computer and then go through the files of my phone on that computer, requiring no download of any program on the computer itself. Just popping up "My Computer" and seeing an option for "RedPwnerRanger's iPhone/USB" or whatever, and going through the files. I'm wondering if such an app/tweak exists. Thank you in advance.

APtalent

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.