Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is there anyway to format the USB drive that apple gave you for your MacBook airs? I think it's a good looking flash drive but I'm having a hard time getting an answer. Also what is the official name for it, so I can look it up on eBay. All I want to do is format it to use as a regular flashdrive. I don't want to steal OS X and I know they have that set up to where you can't.

Nov 28, 2010
located
The same principles apply:
Format Your Hard Drive Using Disk Utility
Partition Your Hard Drive With Disk Utility

What’s in the box

11-inch MacBook Air
45W MagSafe power adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
Printed and electronic documentation
Software Reinstall Drive
from http://www.apple.com/macbookair/specs.html

Your MacBook Air package includes the Software Reinstall Drive, a USB flash drive that contains software for reinstalling Mac OS X and the applications that came with your MacBook Air, resetting your password, and using Disk Utility. For more information about how and when to use the Software Reinstall Drive, see Chapter 3, “Problem, Meet Solution” on page 39.
from the User Guide, also included in printed form with the MBA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.