Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
I have an iphone 4 and was on 4.1 jailbroke using limerain. I decided to jump on the greenpoison train, and everything went well. Except for pkgbakup, but thats for another thread. Anyways after jailbreak my phone is getting no service. I do have a 3g microcell due to no service in my area. I have reset network settings and rebooted the microcell to no avail. Any ideas?

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
I dont believe that I need a new phone. Just something went wrong with a setting or the jailbreak itself. I forgot to add that I used TU to preserve 1.59 baseband.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
Am I the only one having this issue. Its like my phone didnt activate, not sure if its the microcell or what. I have a valid AT&T sim, just redid the jailbreak to make sure. Everything went well again, but still no service. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
Well after all day trying to figure this out I finally gave in and just did a normal restore. I gave up my 1.59 baseband and it worked like a charm, iphone activated immediately. I didnt need the unlock, but it makes them more valuable when its time to sell for upgrade. Still have no idea what happened, everything went off without a hitch except for the activating part.

Mbaker2111

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
No service after greenpois0n jailbreak

I'm getting the same no service problem after jailbreaking while preserving the baseband. At first I was getting one bar with no carrier now it says no service. Looks like updating the baseband works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.