Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I've been watching this awhile...

Oblivion runs great in Wine and Cider (though a bit better in the Cider hacked versions) so Windows isn't needed... hopefully eventually we'll get Skyrim running that way as well... I hate running Windows.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It looks superb.

I've got Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY deluxe edition, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 GOTY edition and New Vegas on Steam... and I've still not actually played them. I'm a bad person. Aren't I. (I blame being too busy)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It looks superb.

I've got Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY deluxe edition, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 GOTY edition and New Vegas on Steam... and I've still not actually played them. I'm a bad person. Aren't I. (I blame being too busy)

You're terrible!

There's a rumor going round that the people in the game won't be ugly, misshapen lumps. :p

Yes, fingers crossed. In TES4 I had to resort to one of those beautify people mods to make an elf that looked half way attractive. I don't understand why ugly people were an Oblivion trademark.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
It looks superb.

You have all those games, and you haven't played them?!? You have about a year of gameplay right there! I'd take 2012 off if I were you. Maybe you can call in sick?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
You have all those games, and you haven't played them?!? You have about a year of gameplay right there! I'd take 2012 off if I were you. Maybe you can call in sick?

That's just the tip of the iceberg too :( 200-something Steam games and I only routinely play 3. A library of 30 PSP games, all classics, all brilliant that don't get played. Same with the DS. Then there's my DVD shelf.... :eek:.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I'm stocking up on depends for release day.

uhhhgg... don't support Depends.. they make absolutely horrible adult diapers.. that "depend" won't last you but 2 hours before you have a wet chair!
Go for an Abri-form X-plus, those things hold a ton!

. . . . . . .

ohh... what? it was a joke? ... oh... oops.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
That's just the tip of the iceberg too :( 200-something Steam games and I only routinely play 3. A library of 30 PSP games, all classics, all brilliant that don't get played. Same with the DS. Then there's my DVD shelf.... :eek:.

Eh.... how do you have all those games, without playing them? Or rather, why?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I just checked the wiki page for this, quite a bit of info there.

Good to see the conversations with NPCs will be more dynamic, with the characters moving around as you talk to them. That's a nice feature in itself; and add in a new AI system. Yummy.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I hope they have more than 3 actors doing all the voice parts like in Oblivion...

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007

I'm not nearly as bad, but I kind of know how stuff like that happens. I think you get to the point where you are an adult and you have your own money and you just figure "I'm going to get that game now, because I can." But as an adult with a job and other responsibilities, you don't really have the time to play all the games you can now buy.

I wish I had money as a kid, then I had the free time to take advantage of all the cool stuff I can buy now.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
^ Heh, sorta. I think it's because we're at a point where you can buy stuff cheaply with 1 click (be it on Steam or Amazon, Play.com etc). I figure I'll have them forever and I don't understand the hatred towards watching old cinema or playing old games, so there's no point in rushing through.

New concept art - looks, um, unusual!
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/11/bethesda-releases-fresh-skyrim-concept-art/

Eh.... how do you have all those games, without playing them? Or rather, why?

I buy stuff when it's on sale so I can play on a rainy day. Except I like the rain.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
^ Heh, sorta. I think it's because we're at a point where you can buy stuff cheaply with 1 click (be it on Steam or Amazon, Play.com etc). I figure I'll have them forever and I don't understand the hatred towards watching old cinema or playing old games, so there's no point in rushing through.

New concept art - looks, um, unusual!
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/11/bethesda-releases-fresh-skyrim-concept-art/

I buy stuff when it's on sale so I can play on a rainy day. Except I like the rain.

Heh, I understand. I probably have dozens of games that I've started, but never finished. For some reason I find it kinda comforting that I can return to them and complete them at some point.

I've never had a problem with old movies, but with old games it can be different. I could play old games like Pac Man/Tetris all day, but 'realistic' FPS or RPG games from even just a few years ago look so dated I find it hard to get into them.

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
I cant do that. If i buy a game within a week or so of another i have to finish the first, or get as far as i can before i play the next one. Particularly if they are the same genre. And if they are the same then i have to play the one i think is the worst first so it doesn't ruin the other game ha!

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Wooooooooooooooooooot!

I can't wait for this. I spent over 500 hours playing Oblivion and all the expansion packs, and still didn't finish all the quests. I just hope the new one is less buggy.
I agree! Oblivion was, and still is, one of my favorite games. There were numerous rumors about this last year, but this looks pretty concrete.

Highcroft

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Illinois
Oblivion was one of my first games on the 360 and I can't imagine how much time I've devoted to it. Can't wait til Skyrim comes out.

256bit

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2010
SysReqs

I'm dreading the System Requirements already...

Oblivion was a very high-end-machines-only type of game when it came out, and to play Skyrim on maxed settings when it comes out... oh boy...

I'll probably get around to doing a boot camp partition sometime before it comes out (using parallels now, and I hate to say it sucks for gaming with not enough RAM) but still. I don't even want to guess the SysReqs because I hate big numbers...

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
I'm dreading the System Requirements already...

Oblivion was a very high-end-machines-only type of game when it came out, and to play Skyrim on maxed settings when it comes out... oh boy...

I'll probably get around to doing a boot camp partition sometime before it comes out (using parallels now, and I hate to say it sucks for gaming with not enough RAM) but still. I don't even want to guess the SysReqs because I hate big numbers...

I remember when Oblivion came out, my pc i had at the time couldn't handle it and had to run it on low low low. Got it again on the 360 and was much improved but i still prefer the pc version. Will have a look at the next iMac refresh to see what kind of graphics they are sporting. Ideally id like the 21" with improved graphics as the 27 is too big for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.