Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

askywalker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
I just got a Plantronics Voyager+ ...
I have the latest drivers (I believe) from Apple for bootcamp.
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a current model 15" MBP
Am being told by Plantronics that the drivers from Apple do not support the headset profiles. I am trying to find a broadcom (widcomm) driver, but apparently people have trouble installing on the MBP

Any tips or advice, or is it true that the MBP bluetooth BootCamp drivers do not support these headset profiles (A2DP?)

Thanks!

askywalker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Did you install the boot Camp for 64 bit Windows 7? You can find the Boot camp 64 bit driver for 7 download here at Apple

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought I had the latest drivers, but installed from this link just in case. Didn't resolve it. Apparently these bluetooth drivers from Apple do not support this type of headset profile that the Plantronics requires. The annoying thing is that Plantronics doesn't seem to feel responsible for any driver support - they blame it on the bluetooth hardware company and direct me to bluetooth USB solutions that will 'correct' this Apple deficiency...

I am tempted to try installing drivers from broadcomm, but don't really want to mess with my MBP - as Windows 7 is humming along, and my bluetooth keyboard is working great... Thinking I will return this headset - but not sure what other headset I can get instead...

navarretemarce

macrumors newbie
Microsoft bluetooth stack included in Windows 7 doesn't support A2DP profile, MS stated that the drivers should be provided by the hardware manufacturer. However, Apple drivers (based on the MS stack) doesn't provide support for audio profile. So doesn't matter which bluetooth headset you buy, it wont work out of the box. BCM drivers did the job for earlier (2010) models but wont install on MBP 2011 (nor MBA 2011, iMac 2011).
I posted the the solution here:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17665845#17665845

In your case, since you are using magic mouse/apple keyboard. I would say that the option 3 (atheros A2DP) will do the job for you without messing with your apple devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.