Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny Gilligan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Utica, NY
Here's what I'm wanting to do:

I live in an apartment building and have a 15 month old pup. I think she is having some separation anxiety issues. Sometimes when I get home at lunch she is barking non-stop, sometimes sleeping, sometimes whining.

I want to be able to use my MBP iSight Cam as a puppy monitor and access the cam via iPhone 4. I've was told on a thread that "Log me in - ignition" might be what I was looking for, but luckily called before wasting the $30.

Any suggestions on if there is a way to access iSight to either turn on FaceTime or iChat on my MacBook Pro?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

skoo9382

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2010
I do this exact thing which you are trying to do except I use Skype. Skype has an auto answer option so it works perfectly. Just create your pup an email address and a skype account and your good to go. You can even check up on him when you're on 3G service as well as connected thru wifi.

avrogirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2012
Sleep Mode and Skype

Can you get Skype or ICam to work when your mac goes into sleep mode?

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
This is the app you want,

http://skjm.com/icam/
This ^ Exactly. Been using it for well over a year. Sends me texts when the motion-activated recording is enabled. Will support up to 3 additional webcams too. It tells me when the housekeeper comes and when she goes, when the meter reader has come and gone, and when UPS has delivered stuff, in addition to keeping track of the puppies.

Best $5.00 app I have EVER bought. $5.00 ONE TIME, not a monthly subscription. Cheapest security cam system ever!

Sam Spade

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2007
I believe some of my cleaning staff has been using my MacBook Air and snooping through my desk after hours. Is there a way to activate the iSight camera on the MBA and be able to monitor and record the video on my iMac at home?

Roux13

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2013
If i install this app on my iphone but not on my MBP, is this will work or not? (My MBP was stolen today and the locate app was disactivated)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.