Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Am I imagining things, or, does installing (since removed) iFile seem to slow down the tweak? I had it on 2.0 for the longest time because anything faster seemed too fast for me.

I installed iFile to change an app icon and then I *THOUGHT* I noticed it slowed down, so I uninstalled iFile.

Now I'm at 3.3 and it seems to be the same speed 2.0 used to be. Maybe I'm losing my mind.

On another note, I uninstalled the hack just to test my phone, and I seriously can't believe how SLOW the phone is afterwards. I don't think I'll ever want to go back, so I hope this hack is updated to work on later iOS versions or I might cry.

I removed it and re-installed & never had problems with iFile. Are you on the latest version?

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Just installed this, and while 2.0 was ok I found that I still wanted to see the animation when returning to the home screen/app switching.

So after a bit of playing around, I've settled on 1.4 as my preferred speed.

What a difference, and it's funny to think that it's only animations causing this and nothing else.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Does anyone know how this works exactly?

By that I mean is this app doing any tweaks to clock speed, and if so is it potentially harmful to your CPU?

Maccleduff

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007

By that I mean is this app doing any tweaks to clock speed, and if so is it potentially harmful to your CPU?

I don't think it will harm the CPU at all. It is literally just a setting which increases the speed of the animation - it's called FakeClockup for a reason. And running it at 10x practically makes the animation disappear its so fast.

Think about if you changed the speed of animation on your PC or Mac, do you think that makes the CPU run hotter?

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Just installed it. Holy hell, this is amazing!!! :eek:

Are you kidding? It makes animations go faster. It's the equivalent of pressing fast-forward on your TV remote.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Just found this by accident. Wow! Impressed.

Where is the control panel located to
adjust the speed?

shanew21

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
I have one issue with this app: When you press and hold on an icon they move at super speed and look like they'll give you a seizure :p

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
I have one issue with this app: When you press and hold on an icon they move at super speed and look like they'll give you a seizure :p

Hint:
If u have an iP4 and go to 10x, they will go so fast that you wont even see them shaking anymore:p. Hence no more seizures, lmao.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Not sure why you bumped but oh well.
HOLY MOLY...there are some gems in this repo.

For instance, the tweak that lets you use your headset cord as a remote shutter for the camera.

Or the tweak that lets you eliminate the lockscreen.

On my old 3gs you could use the remote to take a picture, I'd always assumed it was native. Might check it out later :)

And FYI if you're unsure/scared of 'damage' whatever, read through the thread as most things have been answered!

Good day

Lycanthroat

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2011
UK
Hmmm. Very tempted to try out the VM Mod on this repo - Supercharged works on and off, and iMemory Enhancer = full restore (regardless of what the dev says). The customizable status bar clock looks interesting as well.... (I'm on 3.1.3, 3G)

I'm tempted, but put off by the "experimental repo" part :D

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
Great app - I did find that iMovie does not play back with the increased speed but works fine if you put the settings back to 1x and then you can speed the UI up again after your finished with iMovie.

dgamer84

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
So I tried adding the source and it gave me an error, now cydia is empty no sources, packages nothing. How can I fix this?

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Can you guys go back to the stock OS speed after using this?

I can't. It feels so slow

This hack better work on all future firmwares

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
@EvanLugh,

Could you add this to the 1st post, list of apps/things that don't work properly with this tweak. I've gone through this thread and found:

iMovie: info in post #180 & #220

Panorama: info in post #173

10x crashes iPhone 3GS occassionally: info in post #140

Multiple Keyboard problem (maybe): info in post #160

>2x can crash iPhone 3G info in post #96

Sudoku 2 Pro info in post #41

Games with timers (maybe)

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
@EvanLugh,

Could you add this to the 1st post, list of apps/things that don't work properly with this tweak. I've gone through this thread and found:

iMovie: info in post #180 & #220

Panorama: info in post #173

10x crashes iPhone 3GS occassionally: info in post #140

Multiple Keyboard problem (maybe): info in post #160

>2x can crash iPhone 3G info in post #96

Sudoku 2 Pro info in post #41

Games with timers (maybe)

Thx for your input however as people will be using different speeds, there is no way to tell which app is dependent on uikit, for example Panorama works fine for me on <2.
if there is anything else you think i should add though, please let me know :) cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.