Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamer123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Hi,

Can someone please advise me, I recently cracked the screen on my iPhone 3G, it worked fine but I decided to replace the glass and digitizer. The repair went well until I powered the phone up, no picture but all the noises, vibrations etc. I thought I must have damaged the LCD so bought one off ebay and replaced it hoping that would solve the problem. Still no luck! I am at a loss. Could it be the glass to dark (non OEM) on the face prox sensor? Should I send it to an approved repairer? If so, can someone recommend one in the UK?

Thanks for you time,

James.:confused:

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Hi,

Can someone please advise me, I recently cracked the screen on my iPhone 3G, it worked fine but I decided to replace the glass and digitizer. The repair went well until I powered the phone up, no picture but all the noises, vibrations etc. I thought I must have damaged the LCD so bought one off ebay and replaced it hoping that would solve the problem. Still no luck! I am at a loss. Could it be the glass to dark (non OEM) on the face prox sensor? Should I send it to an approved repairer? If so, can someone recommend one in the UK?

Thanks for you time,

James.:confused:

Try to do a hard reset of the phone where you hold the power button & the home button at the same time for 10 second. It should fix the problem.

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
Also, I know this sounds obvious, but triple check that you have connected correctly and snuggly all the ribbon cables, I know that when I did the replacement myself, the cables caused me a lot of grief.

4sakenon3

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2012
I replaced my screen on my iphone 3g & now i have no picture.

when i plug it in to my laptop itunes comes up and everything is fine. I restored it now its stuck in recovery mode. I really want my picture back please help.thanks

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
when i plug it in to my laptop itunes comes up and everything is fine. I restored it now its stuck in recovery mode. I really want my picture back please help.thanks

Something probably went wrong during the restore process. Did you get any errors? Try restoring it again.

Off-topic: Why are you using an iPhone 3G? Are you using it as an iPod touch or are you not going to upgrade to a newer model? Or are you going to wait until the next iPhone is released? Or are you waiting for your new iPhone to arrive?

4sakenon3

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2012
I still need help getting my iphone 3g to work.

I replaced my screen on my iphone 3g & now i have no picture. It turns on and off but still cant see a picture. When i plug it into my laptop everything works ok but still no picture.Please help.thanks Yes i'm waiting for the new one.

iPlayPower

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2012
Seattle
iPhone 3G Repair issues

You may have bought the wrong lcd screen for your iPhone. it will "feel" like it attached properly, but it will not work correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.