Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
All we want you to get healthy. Other things are not important. Get healthy soon Steve!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
his inflated ego won't let him take a rest. He needs to be involved in every aspect of Apple, just like Oprah and her networks. We'll see if his body can keep up with his ego. :(

I love how people always talk about Jobs's ego. From everything I've read hes 100% apple, and not very full of himself at all. Willing to strike up conversations with complete strangers at Apple stores he visits and insists that people simply call him Steve.

Where exactly is this ego? A drive for great products does not a a great ego make.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
What do we know about the iphone5? I feel like there's not a whole lot out there that's known about the iphone5.

We know quite a bit already actually.

It will have a faster processor, more memory, and faster graphics. It will have a lower production cost by about 15% or more. It will have a dual mode cellular chip from Qualcomm.

We know it will be Facetime compatible and also access whatever new "store" Apple releases this year or next after the Mac App Store.

What we don't know is if it will be LTE compatible now or in the future, as it should be.

Might I make a prediction? It will have an external ring antenna arrangement like now but with 2 lanes to support the wide range of frequencies for multiple carrier and mode support.

Rocketman

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Thinking.....

It's interesting, anecdotally, that people are reporting their $800 work computers are spanking the pants off of their Mac computers.

Because the $800 work computers they bought thousands of at my workplace are Dells with card readers, dual core processors, fairly big hard drives, mediocre video cards and 20" widescreen LCDs with Windows 7.

The Corei7 iMac I own spanks the pants off of those and benches significantly better than the Dells.

What's even worse is those Dells have started failing after only two months in the field. Ouch.

Back to Steve Jobs: two people tweeted he was eating at an indian restaurant in Anaheim yesterday - the rumors were that he was confined to a hospital bed.

Not so.

Strongfist36

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2011
IT dosnt really matter unless...

They need Steve and they know this. The recent showcase of these stellar tablets may have caused them to redesign the iPad 2.

There is a few things Apple MUST improve on the iPad to see it remain trumpet over android. You can check the 3 things the iPad 2 will need to contend with android here: goo.gl/9zD3H

Individual

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2010
If you could "care less" that means you care more right now??? Your words don't match what you're trying to say.

I think you meant you could NOT care less... correct? Meaning you really don't care about Stevie at all. Sort of harsh considering what he is dealing with. In addition, what are you doing here? This site is for people that could care less, but they really don't.

Yes, I could not care less. Good job on directing a whole post to me leaving out one word. Why am I suppose to feel more sad for Steve Jobs because he is having health issues? Is he more special than the millions of people out there facing the same issues because he has billions in the bank and they don't?

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
There are millions more ideas that fail, even when pushed through to completion. It is true, however, that design firms push ideas and designs to companies. None are ever allowed to take credit, however, get large sums of money to keep quiet. Design firms are the unsung heros in some of the best gadgets and "things" out there today. If you ever see a guy on the street who works at a design firm and whose clients includes Apple, shake his hand.

How do you know he has an inflated ego - have you ever met him? What evidence do you have to support your conjecture that his work is to feed his ego? Perhaps you don't have the passion or capability to create new markets with innovative products. Pray tell what have you accomplished in life and what have you contributed?

Perhaps your name says it all.....

kdarling

macrumors P6
Where exactly is this ego? A drive for great products does not a a great ego make.

You can go look up what the early MacIntosh developers say about Jobs trying to grab credit for things he originally tried to kill and/or mismanage into the ground.

And have you ever heard him give the names of the engineers who actually did iOS and its UI? No, nobody has. He likes to cultivate the fanboy idea that he creates this stuff himself, even though he's never programmed or designed a board in his life.

However, aside from that, his temper is well known.

My favorite Jobs story was told by someone who was visiting the Apple Campus as a sales rep. As you might know, Apple employees avoid getting on an elevator with Jobs just in case he's in a bad mood.

So he ended up alone with Jobs, thinking "well this is cool!", when Jobs suddenly turned to him and snapped, "So what have YOU done for me today?"

The sales rep was taken aback for a second, then stuttered, "Uh, I used an iPod this morning on the way to work."

Jobs whipped around on him and yelled, "That's it? You're fired! I want you off this campus by the end of the day, you hear me? What department are you in, and who's your boss?"

The rep managed to explain quickly that he didn't work for Apple, but was there to sell something. "Oh," said Jobs, and stepped off the elevator at the next stop. The rep left too, thinking "Holy smokes!"

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
Could care less. I don't need his face plastered everywhere to buy an Apple product.

Seriously, Steve Jobs is OOOOOOOOLD NEWS!! The only thing he does is keep the iPhone locked and controlled. As far as macs are concerned, he doesn't do anything anymore.

Honestly, I would care less when he finally dies from cancer. Then the iPhone will be what it should have been all along. No more of his stupid hyped "revolutions."

Also agree with "kdarling" about their post on how mean and tempered steve jobs is.

I think he has bipolar disorder. He sure does get fired up. Pretty pretentious too "I want him off of appleheadquarters right now"....like seriously? What have I ever done FOR you? How about I never buy another frikken apple product again in my life?!!

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Without an idea, you have nothing.

Lots of big companies have ideas. Lots of good ideas. Too many usually.

What they don't have is someone who commands enough internal political power and respect to to kill off all the good ideas... so that the company can truly focus on excelling towards just one or two (or some tiny number of) great ideas.

zenio

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
remember back when Apple made computers?
I do with fond memories. In the days when Steve Jobs was truly focused on both the product & the customer. He was a great chap then. Devoid of his present obsessions, great arrogance & acerbic attitude towards his customers.

During those years he was open to listening, and together with Wozniak they had the respect of customers & media alike. Steve Wozniak & Steve Jobs made great products that delivered terrific functionality, as well as value and reliability.

Their computers had very few bugs, and once they appeared Apple fixed them immediately, instead of stonewalling behind denial, and without lashing out and blaming customers. They didn't even try & prove other computers had the same flaws, since in those days Apples were truly superior.

When you bought a Mac it was truly a premium product, not one that was simply portrayed that way.

Ah yes, Apple Computer Company, the finest of it's time. I had many a new desktop, and a host of new PowerBooks. Truly superior & enjoyable machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.