Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bopat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Hi all,

I watch a lot of live sports online via live streams on Safari. I was wondering if there is a way to play live (flash/silverlight) streams from Safari on my atv2 (after jailbreaking of course). I have looked into atvflash by firecore, and while they have Safari on there, they can only stream html 5 videos (i.e. no flash).

With the cricket world cup around the corner (yes, I said cricket), I'd love to be able to stream live video onto my tv via apple tv. I would be thrilled to know if there is a way to manage this.

If all else fails, I guess I'll end up going the old fashion way and plug my black mac to the tv directly using a hdmi cable (+ audio out).

Cheers,

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Not that I know of...AirPlay would have to be enabled in your browser (and possibly the website that is streaming) in order for that to work. Hopefully, it will happen someday, but I haven't seen it yet.

powerman

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010
ios4.3 should do this but not flash based video. I would be sending emails to the web pages to ask them to update there players to enable airplay when they can. I have been doing this for TSN in Canada, as well as some of the other major networks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.