Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tek210

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Am getting the next iPad in April, or whenever, and am wondering if there are any good options to take iPhone recorded video and make it in to home video type movies. Have the iMovie app and while it can put together a quick video clip, it is very limited. Hoping they have something decent to use with the iPhone. Any suggestions?

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Do you have a real computer? Use that. If you can find app to edit with what are you going to do, move the video from the iphone to the computer to the ipad?

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
Splice isn't bad. I find it better than reel director and iMovie.
It's still very limited but pretty good.

tek210

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Just remembered I had ReelDirector too. Liked it but took so long to render, unless I had something set wrong. Will check out splice.

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
Just to let you know there is a free add supported version of splice in the app store, if you are just trying it out you should probably go for that one.

Splice takes awhile to render also, but atleast you can get a live preview.

tek210

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Just to let you know there is a free add supported version of splice in the app store, if you are just trying it out you should probably go for that one.

Splice takes awhile to render also, but atleast you can get a live preview.

Yeah I will give that a shot. Hopefully someone soon comes out with an iPad app that is a little more robust.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Won't Apple be releasing a video editing app with the iPad2 in the next 10 weeks?

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
Probably, but will it be any good :p I've tried the iPod version of iMovie and I found it clunky and useless.

Admitidly, all iOS video editing apps are clunky and useless at the moment, but if we're looking for the best of the worst, it probably won't be the iPad version of iMovie.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Probably, but will it be any good :p I've tried the iPod version of iMovie and I found it clunky and useless.

Admitidly, all iOS video editing apps are clunky and useless at the moment, but if we're looking for the best of the worst, it probably won't be the iPad version of iMovie.

I have not tried the iPhone version of iMovie.
One may have hoped from Apple, who is supposed to be the best, that on the iPad, given it's much larger screen, they would make a version of iMovie that was really good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.