Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
for normal delivery? a package i am expecting arrived about 45 minutes from my house this early monring at a fedex location.

so does anyone know if i'll end up getting it today?

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
FedEx does not delivery over the weekend/public holiday for the normal delivery service. Same as UPS. There are "special" delivery for weekend, which is typically used by the commercial customers.

jne381

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
Grand Rapids
clevin said:
no, only usps deliver @ sat.

This is not entirely true, FedEx Ground does deliver on Sat. I have received some things from Apple using this shipping method. If you have the tracking number, it will tell you exactly when your package is coming.

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
They both do, but it cost extra and it must be requested at the time of shipment.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
jne381 said:
This is not entirely true, FedEx Ground does deliver on Sat. I have received some things from Apple using this shipping method. If you have the tracking number, it will tell you exactly when your package is coming.
never saw fedex ground deliver on sat. and chek their website might help to clarify this.

jne381

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
Grand Rapids
clevin said:
never saw fedex ground deliver on sat. and chek their website might help to clarify this.

Here is the description by FedEx:

http://company.monster.com/rpscen/

PACKAGES AT YOUR DOOR, NOT HASSLES IN YOUR LIFE

Launched in March by FedEx Ground, Fedex Home Delivery was created to respond to business-to-consumer shipper demand for a better ground delivery solution for the residential market. Recognizing the unique needs of this growing sector, FedEx Home Delivery introduced new ideas to business-to-consumer delivery to help retailers address mounting fulfillment challenges. Through a suite of service options never-before-available, including extended evening delivery, Saturday delivery, and premium services such as day-certain, signature, and appointment delivery, FedEx Home Delivery brings an unmatched level of service to residential shippers and their customers. FedEx Home Delivery also offers the only money-back guarantee in the residential ground delivery market.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
There are big differences between FedEx, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery.

FedEx will deliver on Saturday, IF the shipper paid for Saturday delivery which costs quite a bit more. Most online retailers do not offer FedEx Saturday delivery because of the extra charges.

FedEx Ground does not deliver on Saturday.

FedEx Home Delivery does deliver on Saturday, however doesn't deliver on Monday. Apple has been increasingly using this service to ship larger items (such as printers, etc).

Now you know. Of course, all of this information is available on FedEx's Web site.

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/us/homedelivery.html
http://www.fedex.com/us/services/us/ground.html
http://www.fedex.com/us/services/us/expresssaver.html

nickweston

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2006
Chinese food

question-

Will my local Chinese restaurant deliver food after 10pm?

thanks for the help!

NW

P.S. FexEx Customer Service 1 800 535-2355

OR many of your questions can be answered on the World Wide Web

Tylos

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2008
Texas

Wrong answer Mr. Wizard. It's just as others who know what they are
talking about have said: FEDEX delivers on Saturday if it is FEDEX Home Delivery (meaning extra money was paid). Apple routinely uses this
type of FEDEX shipment as I have received several items from Apple
on Saturdays via FEDEX. I have a guitar amplifier arriving from eBay,
but it is regular FEDEX ground so even though it is already in town, I
won't get it until Monday. :rolleyes:
Tylos Santana

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Which shipping method do they use for Macbook Pro deliveries?

My MBP may come tomorrow (sat), but I don't know if they used ground or home delivery.

AdamLikesMusic

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2009
Which shipping method do they use for Macbook Pro deliveries?

My MBP may come tomorrow (sat), but I don't know if they used ground or home delivery.

Check the tracking number they sent you, and it'll tell you exactly when it'll be delivered... (Mine even gave me a timeframe of that day)

sparkiemarkie

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2010
FedEx does deliver on Saturday

FedEx Home Delivery division, (part of FedEx Ground) does indeed deliver on Saturdays. It is one of their unique features/services. And just because it says "Home Delivery" does not mean they do not deliver to businesses as well--they do. That is of course if the business is "open." Service days for Home Delivery are Tuesdays--Saturdays each week. So please use FedEx Home Delivery. These facts are true because I am a Home Delivery Independent Contractor. :D

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
for normal delivery? a package i am expecting arrived about 45 minutes from my house this early monring at a fedex location.

so does anyone know if i'll end up getting it today?

Having worked in a shipping department...

FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and UPS will not deliver on Saturday unless you request it. You MAY be able to go down to the hub the package is at and get it with proper ID. Sometimes they will let you have it other times they wont.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010

FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and UPS will not deliver on Saturday unless you request it. You MAY be able to go down to the hub the package is at and get it with proper ID. Sometimes they will let you have it other times they wont.

I received my printer from Apple on a Saturday via FedEx Ground. I received my Magic Trackpad from Apple on a Saturday via FedEx Ground. I did not request Saturday delivery, that was simply the day those two things happened to arrive.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know generally what time Fedex Home Delivery delivers packages (is there a shorter work day on Saturdays)? I have something coming tomorrow, but the mailroom at school here closes mid-day. Would the package get here before then?

Tailpike1153

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2004
Bellevue, WA
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know generally what time Fedex Home Delivery delivers packages (is there a shorter work day on Saturdays)? I have something coming tomorrow, but the mailroom at school here closes mid-day. Would the package get here before then?

Depends on the route and number of deliveries. At my old apartment, FedEx home would come between 10:30AM and 3PM. It was never regular.

jcoop269

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015

WRONG. I am an ops engineer for Fedex Ground at the Corp Headquarters in PGH and can clarify all of this extremely old information. First, Fedex HD is part of Fedex Ground and if the package is to go to a residential address, it defaults to HD but the drivers are the same...they take both packages and deliver to businesses and homes. Ground=commercial and HD=residential. Ground runs Mon-Fri and HD runs Tues-Sat. There is no charge for Sat delivery with HD, they operate just like the post office. If the package arrives at the destination facility by Sat, that is when it's delivered. Ground/HD times are determined by the origin zip and the distance from that zip divided into zones from 1-5 days. Now Express is another story, Fedex Express is a different operating company and for extra fees, with FedEx First Overnight, Priority Overnight or 2-day, Saturday delivery is possible but will not happen unless the option is chosen.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
WRONG. I am an ops engineer for Fedex Ground at the Corp Headquarters in PGH and can clarify all of this extremely old information.
Yes, yes it is. Like the 6-year-old post you responded to. And, the 10-year-old thread... Ouch...

Bart Kela

Suspended
Oct 12, 2016
Searching...
Will my local Chinese restaurant deliver food after 10pm?
Local restaurants do not use common carriers (e.g. FedEx, UPS) for delivery. They typically use their own drivers or third-party services like Waiter.com. In 2017, some ride-sharing services (like Uber) do deliver restaurant food, but only in certain markets.

Moreover, each restaurant has their own hours of operation. Whether or not any given restaurant's kitchen is running after 10pm depends on the restaurant itself.

I'm sorry that no one in almost ten years responded to your inquiry. I hope this answers your question for the time being.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.