Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
This pic seriously looks like something SW fans would come up with. Look at the Master. Kinda pudgy, hardly scary looking for a Sith.
agamemnon.jpg

Juventuz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2002
Binghamton
Sir_Giggles said:
However, this looks freaking awesome.

sg1.jpg

I've seen people do a more realistic looking job in Lightwave than that.

I must admit that I'm not keen on catching ep. 3. After the failures of 1 & 2 Lucas has killed my appetite for SW. The man should worry more on story than special effects.

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Juventuz said:
I've seen people do a more realistic looking job in Lightwave than that.

I agree. Ep. 1 and 2 look so clean and computer generated. It doesnt have the same warm, organic feel of Ep.4-6. Too bad really. And the acting of Anakin by both the actors were some of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Sir_Giggles said:
And the acting of Anakin by both the actors were some of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen.

Let's also not forget the abomination that was Jar-Jar Binks...

*shudder*

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Blue Velvet said:
Let's also not forget the abomination that was Jar-Jar Binks...

*shudder*

Since Ep.4-6 you had C3PO as the comic relief, Jar Jar's the equivalent in Ep1. so I don't blame him too much. Phantom would have been ultra dull without his presence. I didn't find him as annoying as I did for young Anakin. LOL. THat's bad.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Sir_Giggles said:
Since Ep.4-6 you had C3PO as the comic relief, Jar Jar's the equivalent in Ep1. so I don't blame him too much. Phantom would have been ultra dull without his presence. I didn't find him as annoying as I did for young Anakin. LOL. THat's bad.

Has to be a new thread...

el greenerino

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2003
Of coarse Threepio could've been used for comic relief again in EP1. The Gungans could've just been background characters like all of the things in the cantina and we would have cared for them just as much.

Lord of the Rings has showed us all what kiddie stuff Star Wars really is, and we should've viewed it as that in the first place. If that were so we wouldn't be so disappointed by the prequels.

el greenerino

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2003
I also see that Lucas is continuing the theme of bad make-up for the Emporer from ROTJ :D (reference to the black rotoscoping on palpy's face)

Emperor_sabers1-ROTJ-vcap.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.