Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheeryble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Can I transfer my Vuze and Miro video files from my MacBook to my iPad?

Thanx!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Video files need to be in mp4 format in order to be transferred to iPad. Use a transcoding program like Handbrake to transcode to iPad compatible mp4. Some mo4 files don't play on the iPad because of formatting incompatibilities like resolution is too big or framerate is too fast. Those can be fixed by dragging the mp4 into iTunes, right-clicking and picking "create iPad compatible version." In any case, all mp4 files need to be dragged into iTunes and synced to the iPad from there.

Or you could just get AirVideo, and stream any video format from your computer to your iPad.

mtvalenz

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
CALIFORNIA
Vuze files

Vuze will convert the files to iPad format. Look on the left side of the vuze screen and look for something that says "device playback". Just drag files over and it will convert by itself, after selecting ipad.

cheeryble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Vuze will convert the files to iPad format. Look on the left side of the vuze screen and look for something that says "device playback". Just drag files over and it will convert by itself, after selecting ipad.
Thank you kindly
I'm just trying that
Presumably after conversion it will sync on the next sync session?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.