Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJC747

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Sup guys. I got an iPhone 4 (AT&T) yesterday and after about 3 hours of use the sound stopped working. The speakers work if I'm listening to music, and I'm pretty sure the vibrate works, but no other sounds are working. If I plug in the headphones, same issue. My current settings under Settings --> Sounds are:

-Silent Vibrate: OFF
-Ringers and Alerts: Button in middle, change with buttons: OFF
-Vibrate: OFF
-Ringtone: Sonar
-Text Tone: Glass
And then everything else is ON.

What's wrong/going on? Thanks

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Oh - yeah I do that to turn my iPhone off (should I just leave it on sleep 24/7)?

I've done that I think twice so far.
Yes, it's made to be left in sleep most of the time. If it's actually off you can't receive any calls, texts, email, etc.

If you've already rebooted it and you're still having a problem I'm not sure what's causing it. Sound doesn't work in any apps bit the iPod?

TJC747

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Yes, it's made to be left in sleep most of the time. If it's actually off you can't receive any calls, texts, email, etc.

If you've already revolted it and you're still having a problem I'm not sure what's causing it. Sound doesn't work in any apps bit the iPod?

Right - kinda sucks. I have the AppleCare Protection Plan. Should I call them today you think?

TJC747

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
If you live close to an Apple store I'd make a genius bar appointment and have them look at it. It can't hurt.

Call me an idiot - but I had the "No sounds" switch turned on...

I thought that was the mute switch if you're on the phone though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.