Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyrevolution

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
.SWF to .MOV converter

Anyone know of a piece of software that will allow you to convert flash files into a movie file? (Without using a screen capture utility)

Thanks in advance!

Doesn't work list:
--------------------
-QuickTime Pro
-Toast Titanum

MrCommunistGen

macrumors regular
No idea...

Sorry, don't know how to help. Was going to suggest VideoLAN Client (VLC), because it reads just about anything (WMV,AVI,DIVX,etc), and can even output these files to formats like MPEG2 and MPEG4, but I just tried it and it won't read SWF files, or at least it won't read the one that I have which QT can't open either... It has a special application loader... hmm maybe you should give it a try, you can get vlc for mac, (or just about any other platform under the sun) here

-mcg

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
pockyrevolution said:
.SWF to .MOV converter

Anyone know of a piece of software that will allow you to convert flash files into a movie file? (Without using a screen capture utility)

Thanks in advance!

Doesn't work list:
--------------------
-QuickTime Pro
-Toast Titanum
One of Apple's bundled QuickTime codecs handles some Flash files. It would help if you linked to a specific file that you can't display.

cc bcc

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2001
nl
Flash will let you export as Quicktime Video, or as a image sequence. Just look under export.

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
As it is Quicktime can open Flash files, under certain conditions:
1) You need to enable it in the QT pref-panel
2) It has to be an uncompressed swf; some SWFs use compression for smaller transfers, you can decompress them using a freeware command-line interface tool called Flasm.
3) It needs to be Flash version 5 or below.

All three of these have to be fulfilled.

scripto195

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2012
.SWF to .MOV converter

Thanks in advance!

Doesn't work list:
--------------------
-QuickTime Pro
-Toast Titanum

Did you ever end up finding a solution that you liked? I am looking for the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

te3iz

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
If anyone is still looking for an SWF to video converter (just like I was for the past 3 hours or so...), I've stumbled upon this one: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/

It costs $35, which is considerably less than the $100+ that Doremisoft is asking for its converter. I'd still prefer a freebie though, but there's little choice...

P.S. On the webpage, it only lists .SWF as an Output format, but I found that it reads and converts .SWF with no problem. I've already got some converting done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.