Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonyCM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Question: Is there an SD card reader accessary I can buy for the 11" Air?

In a way, I hope not. I really don't need this computer, but for the past few days I've been itching to do some unnecessary tech. shopping.

Thanks,
-anthony

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Question: Is there an SD card reader accessary I can buy for the 11" Air?

In a way, I hope not. I really don't need this computer, but for the past few days I've been itching to do some unnecessary tech. shopping.

Thanks,
-anthony

I have an old SD Card reader that must be 4 years old that works fine with my 11" Air.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I've had my 11" MacBook Air for about 2 weeks now, and I purchased this USB SD card reader from Newegg, and it was really inexpensive. ($6.99)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820223088

2022308805.jpg

If you search Newegg for USB SD card readers, you can see other ones, going as low as $4.50, but I got this one because it had the best reviews. I've only been able to try it once since I haven't taken many pictures, but it worked perfectly that one time I tried it. :)

Stingray454

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
I'd recommend looking at EyeFi cards too ( http://uk.eye.fi/ ).

It's an SD card with built-in wifi. As soon as you're close to a pre-set WiFi network (like your home network) it connects and transfers the images to the computer wirelessly. No need for a card reader at all, or even taking the card out from the camera. Can't comment on how well it works, didn't try it, but looks like a very sweet solution.

inspiredDavid

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2011
That EyeFi card would be awesome too if it can be attached to an AdHoc network, as long as you had your laptop with you broadcasting the network you would never run out of space on the camera! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.