Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sg01

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'd also like to see Macrumors to use tapatalk very soon. Makes it very easy to reply to threads.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I believe MR is developing an official iPhone app. I think it'll be here when the white iPhone is released.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi guys,

We can offer the Tapatalk plugin to support existing Taptalk customers. But I don't want to this to be seen as an official endorsement of the product, and we reserve to right to uninstall it at any time in the future. In other words, we are not officially recommending you go spend $$ on this product.

We are working on a MacRumors app that will be free. Vbulletin also is working on an official method that will allow app integration. Or we may use tapatalk interface for the MacRumors app. Things are still a little open.

We'll try to get it installed by early next week.

arn

ringgit

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2010
Thank you... Definitely understand that supporting Tapatalk is not an endorsement. It's up to user to choose whether to purchase or use the Read Only version.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Tapatalk is installed, and i've verified it's working.

You may have to search for "MacRumors" in the app. It should eventually appear when you browse the directory.

arn

ringgit

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2010
Woo hooooooo! It works! I'm posting from Tapatalk.

Thank you!

caa21d10-d743-707b.jpg

gr8whtd0pe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2008
Dallas, NC
Thank you Arn! I've used it for awhile on my forums. You can even make it show ads to keep sponsors happy (if you have any).

The VB app is going to cost license holders, along with only supporting 4.0+. VB is greedy.

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
I was putzing around in Tapatalk last night... Lo' and behold, there's MACRUMORS! Wow, I'm a little late in finding out this info....

After having written in this thread back in September, I'm delighted to finally be able to access the forum via Tapatalk!

Thanks arnold

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
It has already been added. Install on your portable device, and search for MacRumors in Tapatalk.

And if you are not American, make sure you spell it correctly when you search for it in Tapatalk :p

I was spelling it wrong 'MacRumours' instead of 'MacRumors' - LOL Using Canadian / UK English spelling instead of American.

It's funny, I didn't even realize I was doing it, or that it was spelled wrongly haha.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Search never works

I am enjoying using Tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad, but the search function always fails for MacRumors.

Anyone have any insight on this? Is it a problem on the MacRumors end or the Tapatalk end?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.