Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Its an unfortunate situation that Steve Jobs is currently in and I wish him the best, but I think he fully deserves his privacy right now and I will be sadden if the purported photo(s) of Steve Jobs gets published in the next issue of The National Enquirer.

The skeletal-looking Apple boss was photographed outside the clinic in images set to be published in the next edition of The National Enquirer.

I understand he is a High Profile person, but sometimes boundaries need to be set.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
This should NOT be reported. Everyone should be allowed to have a private life, especially when it comes to something like his or her health. How would you like it if YOUR medical records were open for the world to see?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Its an unfortunate situation that Steve Jobs is currently in and I wish him the best, but I think he fully deserves his privacy right now and I will be sadden if the purported photo(s) of Steve Jobs gets published in the next issue of The National Enquirer.

What are you going to do?

He's such an important, influential, and historical figure...

caffeinejoe

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
Fort McMurray, AB. CANADA
Arn: Please do not moderate this post:

**** cancer.

"**** Cancer" is a global movement intended to change the way cancer is perceived and diagnosed,by promoting early detection, prevention, and cancer education. It's rapidly gaining momentum and visibility and should be supported and promoted by all those affected by this terrible disease.

My thoughts and prayers are with Steve and his family.

edit: The bots edited it anyway...

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
That's what concerned me about his statement when he went on his current leave. It specifically stated that he hopes to return to Apple soon. Pancreatic cancer, whipple procedure surgery, marked weight loss, liver transplant and now this? We know his time is coming. No one lives 20 years, much less 5 - 10 years will all those things. My thoughts are with him and I am confident that Apple will succeed without him.

But will they retain their chokehold in the few industries they are very big and influential in without him?

thetexan

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
Apparently, the Enquirer interviewed a doctor who uses the words "terminal" and guesses at "6 weeks". Hopefully not but... http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/02/steve_jobs_is_receiving_cancer.html

Any Doctor going on the record and discussing his health is violating various privacy laws and ethical standards.

I don't really care so much about the photos being published. He is a high profile person and he gave up his right to absolute privacy by making the choice to run one of the most successful companies in America. I do have a problem with health professionals directly involved with Jobs talking to tabloid magazines.

mccoma

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2002
Follow-up

People who have had cancer generally need follow-ups. It is not an immediate sign of a reoccurrence.

Heck, my Mom needs to take pills for 5 years after her breast cancer and have follow-up appointments.

deadkennedy

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2010
This will hurt apple. NO ONE can replace Steve.

He's not dead yet, and we all better start eating some healthy food for goodness sake. Shoot me in the face if I ever again eat chicken on steroids or plastic cheese, both of which are so famous here in US.

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
This should NOT be reported. Everyone should be allowed to have a private life, especially when it comes to something like his or her health. How would you like it if YOUR medical records were open for the world to see?

he is the CEO of a public corporation, so yes, this should be reported.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Any Doctor going on the record and discussing his health is violating various privacy laws and ethical standards.

I don't really care so much about the photos being published. He is a high profile person and he gave up his right to absolute privacy by making the choice to run one of the most successful companies in America. I do have a problem with health professionals directly involved with Jobs talking to tabloid magazines.

I don't think they doctor was connected with Steve Jobs. From what I read, the doctor had 30 years of experience in Cancer and was giving his opinion based on the images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.