Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2pak

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
Anyone got any decent T-mobile Carrier logos. The ones i've seen on google look stretched out.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
This has also been happening to my o2 carrier logo but since updating 4.2.1 it also happens in

Safari
Echofon
Twitter
Tweetings
Words With Friends
Foursquare
WhatsApp
BBC News
iFile
Cydia

Not checked any others but i'm sure it will happen in other apps.

So, is this happening to anyone else too?

I'll ask again seeing as no one answered.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
I'll ask again seeing as no one answered.

Grayburn, of the apps you refer to I have iFile, Twitter, Facebook, BBC, Skype, Safari, Cydia and what they all have in common is that they utilize the "white" status bar. I would say you've only replaced Default_CARRIER_O2 or have a problem with the FSO_CARRIER_O2 PNG-file.

Default_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is in color/black)
FSO_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is white)

You need to double check the name of your FSO_CARRIER_O2@2x.png and possibly replace it with a less corrupt version =)

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Grayburn, of the apps you refer to I have iFile, Twitter, Facebook, BBC, Skype, Safari, Cydia and what they all have in common is that they utilize the "white" status bar. I would say you've only replaced Default_CARRIER_O2 or have a problem with the FSO_CARRIER_O2 PNG-file.

Default_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is in color/black)
FSO_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is white)

You need to double check the name of your FSO_CARRIER_O2@2x.png and possibly replace it with a less corrupt version =)

I do have both of those files but i'll look into the white version as you suggested.

How would i know if an image is corrupt and how could it have got this way if it was okay an hour before on 4.1?

Thanks for the reply.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Excellent..

I do have both of those files but i'll look into the white version as you suggested.How would i know if an image is corrupt and how could it have got this way if it was okay an hour before on 4.1? Thanks for the reply.

Grayburn, I've heard of people on 4.2.1 having issues with these icons reverting back to norm whenever they use certain programs. I'm not sure if you're using the standard set of carrier logos, i.e. a white one and a black one, but the easiest way around this, for me at least, is to simply use on logo for both the FSO and Default logos. Not sure if this is an option for you or not but it seems to work pretty well for me. Also, I'm on 4.1 so I'm not certain if things are that much different in 4.2.1 or not.

Attachments

• mr_burns png.png
    mr_burns png.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 2,691

cheme75

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2011
East Coast US
cool!!! i'm unlocked and using telenor in oslo... I used the logo posted earlier and resized for my 3gs. i used 18x18 which seems to fit well. seems to work in all my programs except for whatsapp messenger which somehow finds the old telenor text logo... I looked for whatsapp but did not find it in my apps folder... no biggie though. the logo looks nicer for all the other apps and screens.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
cool!!! i'm unlocked and using telenor in oslo... I used the logo posted earlier and resized for my 3gs. i used 18x18 which seems to fit well. seems to work in all my programs except for whatsapp messenger which somehow finds the old telenor text logo... I looked for whatsapp but did not find it in my apps folder... no biggie though. the logo looks nicer for all the other apps and screens.

If you've shrunk highrollers Telenor logo I'd love a copy!

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey everyone...I was wondering if some kind person could make a cool carrier sign with the letters "JC"....something kinda neat with a cool, sharp font.

Or if someone can shrink the following attachments so I can use them....or even go over the top and mix the initials JC into one of the photos!!

If someone does do this I'd be forever great full and if you do...thanks in advance!! :D

James

Attachments

• Gemini_2.jpg
    Gemini_2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 2,653
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 2,635
  • imageSs.jpg
    imageSs.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 2,666

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
hmm, the icon seems to be way too big on the phone. is it the original image? was it too big to begin with? try this? looks closer to the colors, though probably never going to be perfect.

Hey, changed up the size on these icons. These are going to come out pretty big anyways since they're pretty wide. These are a bit smaller and look ok. Let me know if these work for you.

request: thanks a lot!

Attachments

• FSO_CARRIER_ATT@2x.png
    FSO_CARRIER_ATT@2x.png
    4 KB · Views: 2,498
  • Chelsea_logo.png
    Chelsea_logo.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 2,492
Last edited:

ZmyDust

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2011
Thanks again, now I just have to figure out how to put it on a Verizon iPhone, as there doesn't seem to be any Verizon or VZW stuff in System>Library>Carrier Bundles>iPhone>
The closest I've found is "Zepplin_US.bundle but there's no .png images in there, and I don't see anything that would make a difference other than ERI.plist. Any ideas?

Looking for this now also. Anybody?

Also this might seem like a newb question but is there a way to make something like this a winterboard theme that can be easily toggled on/off?

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Excellent..

Grayburn, I've heard of people on 4.2.1 having issues with these icons reverting back to norm whenever they use certain programs. I'm not sure if you're using the standard set of carrier logos, i.e. a white one and a black one, but the easiest way around this, for me at least, is to simply use on logo for both the FSO and Default logos. Not sure if this is an option for you or not but it seems to work pretty well for me. Also, I'm on 4.1 so I'm not certain if things are that much different in 4.2.1 or not.

Obviously things are different as it doesn't work as it used to.

It is an option but i can't see how it would work because it works with you on 4.1.
I used 2 logos on 4.1 with no problems so i don't understand why your using just one when two work fine.

Last edited:

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Looking for this now also. Anybody?

Also this might seem like a newb question but is there a way to make something like this a winterboard theme that can be easily toggled on/off?

Yes, i was doing it in 4.1, not sure if it works on 4.2.1, i'll check when i get home though.

Edit - I only tested for ATT.
xxxxx.theme>Bundles>com.apple.ATT_US. Place inside the FSO_CARRIER_ATT@2x and Default_Carrier_ATT@2x files. Respring.

Last edited:

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Hi, if anyone has the time could you please make both of these in black and white for an iPhone 4?

7558996.jpg

200px-Nin-logo.png

Aeroflux

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
Here ya go. Also added my own...anyone recognize it? :D

Attachments

• The Last Starfighter.png
    The Last Starfighter.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 2,271
  • Tool - White.png
    Tool - White.png
    2 KB · Views: 2,270
  • Tool - Black.png
    Tool - Black.png
    2 KB · Views: 2,259
  • NIN-White.png
    NIN-White.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 2,272
  • NIN-Black.png
    NIN-Black.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 2,269

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
These actually don't look that bad on the phone :D

Attachments

• WhyUNo.png
    WhyUNo.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 2,269
  • UMAd.png
    UMAd.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 2,264
  • ffffuuuuWHITE.png
    ffffuuuuWHITE.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 2,255
  • ffffuuuuBLACK.png
    ffffuuuuBLACK.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 2,252

Z6128

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
i tried to figure out how to make these myself but no luck :eek: if someone could help me out itd be greatly appreciated :D

Attachments

• rutgers%20logo%20r.jpg
    rutgers%20logo%20r.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 150
  • new_jersey_devils_1993.gif
    new_jersey_devils_1993.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 99
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.