Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Anyone know of a tweak that will say the name of the song, and artist, when a new song starts?

I heard there's a tweak that does it for the phone, for instance "John Smith...." then ringtone. Just looking for the same thing but with music

bryter

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
Some great cydia apps that i didn't see mentioned so far:

Grooveshark (monthly subscription) - play almost any song you like, create custom radio stations, make songs avaliable offline
No Bookmarks (free)- removes safaris attempt to open bookmarks when you first start it
VoiceActivator (paid) - create custom voice commands
iFile (paid) - brows iphones files and folders
Home Page in Safari (free) - add your own home page to Safari
Fast Copy (free) - fastens up the copy/select/paste option

Last edited:

Lycanthroat

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2011
UK
That's a shame - I downloaded CustomStatusBarClock from the moyashi repo and it caused the iPhone to go into Safe mode over and over :( I downloaded the correct version for my firmware.

Can anyone else confirm this?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I'll add what I don't see posted yet:

- No Page Dots: I use this with NoSpot (spotlight remover) because I only have one homepage with folders and it looks stupid to have one page dot at the bottom.

-Five Icon Switcher: Put 5 (or more) apps in the dock and multitasking dock. I find that 5 looks perfect. It matches up with most app bottom docks: like the phone or iPod apps.

-TetherMe: enable native tethering on the iPhone ($1.99)

-VibraficationsFree: sets vibration pattern for SMS to two beeps, notifications to 3 beeps and mail to one beep. This is really useful when the phone is in a pocket.

-Cyntacts ($1): show profile pictures in contact lists

-CameraButtons ($1): take camera pictures w/ volume keys & more. You can also open camera right from the lock screen.

I also have the usual apps installed: Bite SMS, lockinfo, activator, and SBSettings.

texfire

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2007
pkgbackup

I was under the impression the pkgbackup (which I bought already), only saves the programs, but not how you have them laid out on the screen, in what folders, etc....

Does blackboard work in conjunction with folderenhancer?

Thanks!
Chris

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
I was under the impression the pkgbackup (which I bought already), only saves the programs, but not how you have them laid out on the screen, in what folders, etc....

Does blackboard work in conjunction with folderenhancer?

Thanks!
Chris

Not true. PKGBackup actually saves the springboard layout (folder structures etc) and the latest revisions can even dump the entire backup to Dropbox. It's really fantastic and well worth the cost.

texfire

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2007
Not true. PKGBackup actually saves the springboard layout (folder structures etc) and the latest revisions can even dump the entire backup to Dropbox. It's really fantastic and well worth the cost.

I know it's not the thread for this, but pkgbackup is not entirely obvious in how to do restores. I got the back up to dropbox which was performed before my phone somehow lost my icon layout. How do I get it back?

The online help is not understandable to me to get my layout back, with the programs already on my device.

Chris

cyclone84

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2006
iAdKiller - No more iAds.
MultiIconMover - Move multiple icons around the springboard at the same time.
CleanStatus - Hide just about anything from the status bar.
FakeClockUp - Seriously. So awesome.

All of these are free.

bigred7078

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2010
USA
Fullscreen for Safari is pretty awesome. It adds two/three finger gesture swipes and allows you to actually have a fullscreen web browsing experience (which surprisingly really does make the screen feel bigger).

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I just discovered Locktopus, which enables you to lock certain apps.

I got a little tired of always typing in my password every time I wanted to unlock my phone, but knew it was necessary because I have important info in my notes and mail, with locktopus you can choose certain apps to lock, such as notes, mail, settings, and cyida. pretty cool

StructAural

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2007
The Netherlands
If I sent 50 SMS in a year, it would cost me $10 ($0.20x50). With bite it would cost me $11.84 (full license $6.74 + $5.10 for credits). For rare texters, it's certainly not a huge money saver. 12 cents per compared to 20, once you're past the license/ads decision.

That's not to say there aren't tons of other features that make it worthwhile for heavy texters, but that's just not me.

I find it much cheaper when I'm in another country on roaming. I get charged 25 cents per SMS (even though I have 300 free SMS on my contract) but only 8 cents with BiteSMS.

iPhone4UK

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
So if i use backboard then update the firmware does it save the layout and all the custom icons?

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
ok I found a new app that might be helpful to some people and to my knowledge isn't well known. its called app info (cant remember if its appinfo or app info) but it basically lets you view all your apps and their sizes. Also for apps that you might download stuff with in it (like tap tap for example where you might download extra songs) it will tell you the full size of the app including the stuff thats been downloaded within it. for example I was looking to open up space on my ipod and the app store said tap tap was only 11 mb. Then i looked at app info and because of all the songs I had downloaded to play, the app was taking up like 350mb!

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
So if i use backboard then update the firmware does it save the layout and all the custom icons?

Its not automatic, you have to SSH into your phone (I use iFunBox) and copy the folders and files from "var/mobile/Library/Wynd" (of course you have to save your layout in the Backboard app, prior to doing this). Back those up and then when you update your firmware and finish jailbreaking, you can copy those folders/files back to the same location.

Infinidock messed up my layout, glad I had saved a backup through backboard, took less than a minute to restore my springboard layout :)

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.