Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmritchie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
whenever i go to plug my iphone in to get music on my iphone, the only thing itunes does is recognize it. it doesn't give me any other options.. i've tried this on several of my pc's..

i got it to sync once, and now everytime i go back to that same computer all itunes does is put the name of the phone on the side bar and then the screen just says "iPhone"...

any ideas?

pmritchie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
yep, i have downloaded it again and redownloaded it..

it work the first time i pluged it in, but i didn't have time to put all the music i wanted on it..

came back later and now all the screen says when i plug it in is "iPhone"

jickson77

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
at the top of your itunes go to advanced I think and authorize your computer. But it will only transfer what you purchase. I just did this yesterday because my computer crashed a couple days ago too. My problem is now trying to download new music to my ipod. It only goes to itunes and not my ipod.

pmritchie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
all of my computers are authorized. even if i wanted to restore my iphone i would have to plug it into my friends mac, its the only computer that will actually let me see whats on my iphone..
pc and apple products i guess just don't work together so great!

miamoose

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
I am having exactly the same problem as pmritchie. I got the iphone to sync twice, but now itunes only recognizes it and displays a screen with the name "iphone" on it. If I change the name of the iphone on the side bar, it actually syncs it correctly. However, I cannot see the contents of the phone. Anyone else with this issue?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
iTunes is badly in need of an update.

I've had SO much trouble with the two iPhone 4s in our house (and my father-in-law's at his house). Different kind of bugs and errors all over the place. Restored from backups...wiped as new...doesn't matter. Different problems each time all over the place. Never the same from time to time. Nothing I can pin down.

Mostly been related to photo and music syncing, but I've had other general erros as well as problems with contacts.

It's just been terrible. Forget the signal issues...THIS has been the worst part of the iPhone 4 for me.

tdog09

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Noticed this for me yesterday too! Haven't figured it out yet. Really Annoying!

BeerNap

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
whenever i go to plug my iphone in to get music on my iphone, the only thing itunes does is recognize it. it doesn't give me any other options.. i've tried this on several of my pc's..

i got it to sync once, and now everytime i go back to that same computer all itunes does is put the name of the phone on the side bar and then the screen just says "iPhone"...

any ideas?

I thought the same thing. The only right click option was "Eject" There was a Mobile Me advertisement in the main window. I clicked "No Thanks" then full features and syncing was available.

jimbebee

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
Cant sync itunes to iphone

When I try to sync my itunes music to my iphone, it says sync was successful however iphone says "no music"

wanderer03

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2011
problems with itunes not syncing

To those of you having as many problems with itunes not syncing music as much as I have , like others I tried everything I could think of , checked the internet for answers and nothing seemed to work ,
Finally I called apple and complained about itunes , and problems I was having trying to sync my music , talked to so many different tech's there , they had no answers , after many calls and complaint's I talked to a supervisor there , and she gave me a simple solution and it worked for me , so if you like try it yourself.
In order for itunes to sync my music and stop itunes from freezing up all the time , when ever you want to sync music simply TURN OFF YOUR ANTI VIRUS program , strange as it seemed it worked for me

pmon29

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2011
Itunes screen only reads "iphone"

I had this problem and the reason this was happening to me was that my iphone Restrictions were set to "on." Once I turned off my Restrictions I got the normal sync screen in Itunes. Restrictions are found in the General Settings area of your Iphone.

Bemo32

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Wow

I feel so dumb. I was having the same problem with not being able to sync music. instead of hitting "apply" after checking all the music though i went to "file" and clicked sync iphone and presto! it started syncing.

zjsmith2011

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Okay guys I found a solution that worked for me. Go to the music tab under your iPhone and you'll see at the bottom right a button labeled "Autofill." Click. Problem solved. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.