Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rekud300

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Ohio
Been checking for the last week about downloading Zumocast? Couldn't find on ITunes. Went to their website and looks like it is down?

If u have it, is it running? Anyone know when it will be up again to download?

No contact info on home page.

Thanks

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
Yes, it is down currently, while they "revamp" it. The company was bought, I believe by Motorola. I have it and can confirm it still does work.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
For those who are still using it has it been spotty for you? I have it on both iPads and both iPhones and it has been really spotty these past couple of weeks via both wifi and 3G. I am hoping the updates come out soon!

I have the client installed but one the iDevices it keeps asking me to install the client software. Very strange. I have opened a ticket on their website forum but there has been no response and it seems like all of the tech's have left the forum recently. I hope they come back soon!

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
For those who are still using it has it been spotty for you? I have it on both iPads and both iPhones and it has been really spotty these past couple of weeks via both wifi and 3G. I am hoping the updates come out soon!

I have the client installed but one the iDevices it keeps asking me to install the client software. Very strange. I have opened a ticket on their website forum but there has been no response and it seems like all of the tech's have left the forum recently. I hope they come back soon!
The only issue I'm having is no album art is displaying for me. It's all embedded in the files so I'm not sure what it is.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis

I've had issues with it time to time. Whenever something like you describe happens, I just remove and re-add all my content sources from the zumocast client (this includes any folders as well as resetting the itunes configuration folder under Settings-->General). Then I reinstall the zumocast app on my iphone.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
The only issue I'm having is no album art is displaying for me. It's all embedded in the files so I'm not sure what it is.

in the settings of your zumocast client, do you have the "Grab artwork from iTunes" option checked? I also believe in order for zumocast to work with iTunes properly, both the client and iTunes must be running.

zumocast settings.png

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
in the settings of your zumocast client, do you have the "Grab artwork from iTunes" option checked? I also believe in order for zumocast to work with iTunes properly, both the client and iTunes must be running.

View attachment 272627

I dont think the itunes has to be running....

I thought i was having problems with it, but then i realised i'd stopped it when i installed plex, but now ive gone back to zumocast as plex only recognises about 1/5 of my vids...... No idea why

I've had problems with connections before, but i now have a VPN running at home, which when connected makes zumocast think its running via LAN rather than having to go through uPNP/port forwards etc..... seems more stable since that.... I go to iceland in a couple of months, so that will be the real test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.