Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philwa2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Has anyone noticed that the scrolling gesture has been reversed, a two finger scroll up moves the page down and the two finger scrolling down moves the page up. Does anyone know a way to reverse this, I cant see an option in system > track pad to do this ??

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Apparently, you can change it back.

lion-trackpad.jpg

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I must say I'm highly impressed with Apple for adding an option for this.

It seems they're taking great care not to "rock the boat" too much in OS X releases. I'm glad they realize Mac users tend to care more about this sort of thing than iOS users.

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2009
In iOS, this behavior makes sense--in a way, you actually are "touching" the page. In OS X...you're touching a trackpad or a mouse. Glad there's an option for this. I'd have expected them to force the change on us.

MistaBungle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2005
This is very tough getting used to. However, if you switch the option in System Preferences, it flips the direction of how you navigate your left/right gestures for full screen apps/dashboard.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
After using my iPad for a while, I find that I'm constantly scrolling the wrong way in Snow Leopard. I think the new direction is more intuitive, but less familiar. I'll definatly be using the new default mode.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
Aaah my head is upside down, up is down and left is right. I think this is the way to go due to consistency with iOS, but it will take some time to get used to after several years of the reverse setting :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.