Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paddyhazard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
London
Does anyone know of a list anywhere of the applications that work partially, fully or not at all in Lion? If not, should we make one?

Here is what I've found so far

Doesn't Work
1Password safari extension (chrome works fine)
Parallels 6
Click to flash (safari extension)
Dropbox - There is a hack to get it to work but it crashes finder on login anyway apparently
iStat Menus Apparently this does work, anyone else?
WebKit Nightly Builds
JITouch Preference Pane

I haven't tried any other apps yet, just been playing with it for a few minutes. What has anyone else found? I doubt this is breaking the non-disclosure agreement although anyone know any different? It's not actually talking about the os, just other apps.

Last edited:

intempo808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Any bugs? Wasn't expecting that at all. Maybe I could upgrade my working os from 10.6 to 10.7 sooner than I thought!

Well so far I've only opened them. The only issue I found was that when I opened InDesign, the top toolbar was transparent and nothing was there, but I just changed the workspace mode to Advanced, then back to Essentials and it all turned up again.

I'll be using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign for most of today, so if I find any other issues I'll post...

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Doesn't work
Hazel - error message when you attempt to edit a rule
1Password - doesn't work AT ALL with Safari 5.1
Cloud - doesn't seem to be auto uploading screenshots.

Wonky
Reeder draft for Mac - scrolling is way too sensitive and choppy
Ecoute - desktop controller doesn't work as expected (only shows up in one space rather than all)
Twitter - constantly reappearing even when you hide the app or close the window

Works
Notational Velocity
Todolicious
Dropbox (after the bundle number hack)

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
I can't get iStat menus to work. Whenever I click the slider to turn one of the sections on, it flips back to off in a few seconds. Did you do anything special?

It was already installed when I was running Snow Leopard.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
I tried Better Touch Tool, the app itself run ok, but gestures seem not working!

I've decided to disable BTT for the time being, considering Lion adds a considerable new number of gestures, my old ones need replacing (I had four finger swipe left/right for close/quit)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.