Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
On my mobileme account Email comes in to Mail on my Macbook Pro and my iPhone, but not on my iMac. I can send mail out from the iMac, but not recieve. This started happening a few days ago. I recently had the hard drive replaced on the iMac and did a Restore from Time Machine. Don't know if this behavior started right after that, or a few days after. :(

Anyone know what setting I need to look at on the iMac, Mail etc? Thanks!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I would go into Mail prefs and delete the MM account then readd it. You won't lose any data as it is all on the MM servers.

v66jack

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
London, UK
I'm not sure, I don't use the Mac Mail app very much, use MS 2011 Outlook. I'm sure a quick Google search could tell you though

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Sounds good. How do you reset the account?

4wQ4e.png

Just remove the whole account. Go to this screen in Mail prefs and select the account then click the minus at the bottom. This will remove the acct. Then click the plus and enter your MM email (yourname@me.com) and password and Mail will configure the rest for you.

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
I went to Mailbox>Get New Mail>my account. It churned for a few minutes, and fixed it! Thanks guys.

Now if I could just figure out how to get emails that I send on my iPhone to show up in the Sent folder on my iMac and Macbook Pro, and visa versa...

v66jack

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
London, UK
Now if I could just figure out how to get emails that I send on my iPhone to show up in the Sent folder on my iMac and Macbook Pro, and visa versa...

Yep I'd love that too, but haven't found any email client that supports that feature. It is a pain, but I guess we just have to live with it.

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
It seemed to me that it used to work, but then it didn't work anymore starting a few months ago, maybe 6 months or more perhaps?

Yep I'd love that too, but haven't found any email client that supports that feature. It is a pain, but I guess we just have to live with it.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I went to Mailbox>Get New Mail>my account. It churned for a few minutes, and fixed it! Thanks guys.

I use the default iPhone MobileMe mail setup and have my iMac Mail setup as in the below screen shot and sent mail from my iPhone does appear in the sent folder of my iMac Mail app.

ZlKBJ.png

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
I have the Store Sent Messages on Server checked on my setup as well. Maybe it's something on the iphone setup?

I use the default iPhone MobileMe mail setup and have my iMac Mail setup as in the below screen shot and sent mail from my iPhone does appear in the sent folder of my iMac Mail app.

ZlKBJ.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.