Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonetoday

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2009
i read from apple about iphone 4 that facetime work only wifi calling video
.somehow today i'm go out and i was turn on data/3g then i facetime call to my friend iphone oversea in france , and that work ?

so facetime work with data ? before i though only work wifi ...so now i can use it for both ......

superstrikertwo

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2008
California
.somehow today i'm go out and i was turn on data/3g then i facetime call to my friend iphone oversea in france , and that work ?

so facetime work with data ? before i though only work wifi ...so now i can use it for both ......

What OS version are you running?

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

Is your iPhone jailbroken and did you download any apps from Cydia that allow you to videocall over 3G? That's the only way I can think of, that will allow you phone to videochat over the AT&T/Verizon network.

isaac65

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Or maybe you were near your favorite Starbucks and it automatically connected to their wifi.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
you need to jailbreak your phone to do that. thats the only way to make video calls via 3G. You can try to install skype and make video calls via the 3g network tho! (without jailbreaking your phone)

iphonetoday

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2009
yeah my phone jb using 4.2.1 os
dont know , it just video call facetime outside using ATT data have internet and i play around with my phone , i try video call facetime that work , i call my friend ,

i believe that they might work for skype too if they work for facetime ...

thankssss ...

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
yeah my phone jb using 4.2.1 os
dont know , it just video call facetime outside using ATT data have internet and i play around with my phone , i try video call facetime that work , i call my friend ,

i believe that they might work for skype too if they work for facetime ...

thankssss ...

Grammar, spelling and punctuation are your friends.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Mine does it too! But thats because I jailbroke and installed My3G. Facetime calls suck over 3G though, at least in my neck of the woods, very choppy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.