Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnozsc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Lion brings the iOS double-click zoom-in back to Mac
However, the Macbook screen is big enough, so I think it isn't necessary and useful

:( And I cannot find a setting to deactivate it.

I use double-click in safari to select a single word, now it can select and zoom-in in the same time.

How to deactivate this? Anyone can give a hand?

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
i'm wondering too i think its useless on a desktop and it gets triggered all the time inadvertently here.

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Don't see it here on my 11 MBA. Is this some System Preference setting?

Are you sure you are doing it right? It is double tap for zoom, not double click. You don't actually press down the trackpad. Also you have to use two fingers while you tap.

So move your cursor over an area, then double tap using two fingers. It should zoom in like it does on iOS Safari. The same gesture zooms out.

To be honest I haven't had a single time where I triggered it accidentally. I have been using it a little bit on my 11" MBA for fun but I don't see myself using it that much.

jnozsc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Are you sure you are doing it right? It is double tap for zoom, not double click. You don't actually press down the trackpad. Also you have to use two fingers while you tap.

So move your cursor over an area, then double tap using two fingers. It should zoom in like it does on iOS Safari. The same gesture zooms out.

To be honest I haven't had a single time where I triggered it accidentally. I have been using it a little bit on my 11" MBA for fun but I don't see myself using it that much.

You got it. I use the BetterTouchTool to add tap to click,so when I double tap the mouse, it will work as double click .

In Snow Leopard there isn't the double tap function, so it doesn't matter. But the Lion brings the double tap ,so here comes the problem.

Thank you for you reply, Hope the author of BetterTouchTool can fix it in the future

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't accidentally triggered it either in >6hrs use.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden

Thanks! Because the OT talked about "iOS like", where you use one finger, and his talk about "select a single word", which you do with one finger. This is an awesome feature! Especially on these websites that use a tiny font (choosing minimum font size in the settings forces some design errors on some websites).

However, how can people trigger this accidentally? Doesn't make any sense for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.