Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makeroxp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
First...

Don't mount NTFS external disk... any solution? .. i try with two diferents disk and any mount the volume...

Second...

Parallels error, don't work...

Thnaks

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

It's a developer beta, there are bound to be many bugs. Report them and go and find more.

makeroxp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Ok, i know that...

But i only want to know if anyone have the same problem with ntfs disks ...

Thanks

newfoundglory

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
NTFS works for me without any problems. I couldn't get a manual read/write NTFS mount to work in read-write mode, only in read-only.

After you have plugged in the external drive, go to Disk Utility and check to see if its just that the NTFS partition has failed to mount. If you can see it, you might be able to just right click > mount "name"

Check Applications > Utilities > Console for kernel messages and errors etc.

or

try this in terminal:

First, find the device in /dev (will probably be something like /dev/disk2s1 etc). In terminal, you might want to try typing ls -l /dev/disk* or ls -l /dev/disk1* or ls -l /dev/disk2* to help you locate it. When you think you have found it.... type

sudo su -
[enter password]
mkdir -p /Volumes/ntfstest
/sbin/mount_ntfs /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/ntfstest (substitute /dev/disk2s1 with your device you found above)

and see what happens. check for messages in console again.

If it mounts, it should should be able to access it and eject it thru Finder, if not just type:
umount /Volumes/ntfstest

Then report to Apple.

makeroxp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks for all.

Finally i reinstall lion without update and work fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.