Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakuin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Does anyone know how to reduce the minimum height of project windows in Word to smaller than the apparently fixed minimum?

The current minimum height only lets me fit two windows vertically on my little MacBook. I would like to view more if possible.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Does anyone know how to reduce the minimum height of project windows in Word to smaller than the apparently fixed minimum?

The current minimum height only lets me fit two windows vertically on my little MacBook. I would like to view more if possible.

Apparently you are using MS Word wrong. Working on multiple documents on one screen is discouraged by the interface of the latest version. Have you tried hiding the ribbon and toolbar - that saves a lot of space, but unfortunately there's then no way to access most of the functions (unless you're using 2008 or 2004, where you can use the formatting palette).

Maybe you could use Textedit for your task? Pages also allows you to economise on user interface clutter and have multiple windows open, with the Inspector handy if you need to change anything.

hakuin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Apparently you are using MS Word wrong. Working on multiple documents on one screen is discouraged by the interface of the latest version. Have you tried hiding the ribbon and toolbar - that saves a lot of space, but unfortunately there's then no way to access most of the functions (unless you're using 2008 or 2004, where you can use the formatting palette).

Thank you. I have hidden the ribbon and have a single custom toolbar along the top of the screen with all the functions I ever really need. And yet, the height windows are fixed to is still too small.

Maybe you could use Textedit for your task? Pages also allows you to economise on user interface clutter and have multiple windows open, with the Inspector handy if you need to change anything.

Pages also seems to fix the smallest window height. But wait, NeoOffice doesn't! So there may be hope on that horizon... I'd love to use text edit, but I need it to support comments and making the making of tables easy. One hundred gratitudes for the response.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.