Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Is there a way for me to change the sound of a keyboard when I click it? My brother just recently got an HTC phone and whenever he types on its keyboard the "clicks" sound really cool. It'd be great if there's something in Cydia that lets me do this!

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
Last time I searched Cydia there were at least 7 diff sounds in the standard repos. how about the sound of an AK47, typewriter or a machine gun?

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
ToneFXs lets you assign a variety of tones, or make your own. Costs a little bit, but gives you a lot of flexibility in a wide range of audio areas.

And yes, I hate the gun sounds, too. A keyboard sound shouldn't be overpowering or longer than the tap itself.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
if you want to change your keyboard sound you will need to find this directory on your phone (via SSH):

system/library/audio/UIsounds

from there you will need to change the Tock.caf to whatever you want the sound to be, make sure that everything is spelled exactly the same as the file you see.

or if you have winterboard installed and you don't want to replace the original file, then first create a folder (name it wahtever you like) and inside that folder create another called UIsounds. so it might be Custom Keyboard Sound/UIsounds then you will want to go here on your phone (via SSH):

Library/Themes/Custom Keyboard Sound/UIsounds place your Tock.caf file in there and enable your theme, respring.

then you will have a custom keyboard sound for your iphone.

**NOTE** files and file folders must be named exactly as they are seen on your phone, if the folder has uppercase letters you have to match that, same with the files you are intending on "overwriting" with winterboard **NOTE**

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
if you want to change your keyboard sound you will need to find this directory on your phone (via SSH):

system/library/audio/UIsounds

from there you will need to change the Tock.caf to whatever you want the sound to be, make sure that everything is spelled exactly the same as the file you see.

or if you have winterboard installed and you don't want to replace the original file, then first create a folder (name it wahtever you like) and inside that folder create another called UIsounds. so it might be Custom Keyboard Sound/UIsounds then you will want to go here on your phone (via SSH):

Library/Themes/Custom Keyboard Sound/UIsounds place your Tock.caf file in there and enable your theme, respring.

then you will have a custom keyboard sound for your iphone.

**NOTE** files and file folders must be named exactly as they are seen on your phone, if the folder has uppercase letters you have to match that, same with the files you are intending on "overwriting" with winterboard **NOTE**

Thanks for the info. Now I just need the file for the sound of the Android keyboard if anyone has it :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.