Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snakemajestic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
So I was just looking at the pictures in the thread where ppl were posting pictures of the jailbroken home screens, and some of them are awesome.

I am wondering how I can do this with mine, basically the ones that look completely different than the original layout.

Can I do this via cydia and winterboard alone?

Also, how do I pull up the status bar menu(?), I think that is what i would be called....the menu that shows processes and things like that. My buddy told me how he does on it on his 3G but I dont think it worked the same on 4. Maybe I am wrong.

Complete noob, sorry. Any help?? Please. and thank you.

snakemajestic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
And further, it seems like alot of the themes/add ons in cydia dont work on the the iphone 4...? is that a fair assumption?

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Post pics of some of the screens that caught your attention and some of us can probably help you out in detail.

You should install Lockinfo & Winterboard. Then experiment with specific themes or full themes that you can download from Cydia.

I've got my homescreen looking the way it does from using a combination of differ themes.

VitaliyT

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
US of A
most of the popular tweaks have been updated to support 4.1 -4.2.1.. and most even have retina support.
You can go to Cydia and choose Themes on main screen. Then there is option to choose only iPhone 4 themes, there are alot of free ones ;)

thepyro395

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
Arkansas
Install biteSMS, MyWI, WeatherIcon, SBSettings and BytaFont.

why does everyone love biteSMS. It is a good app, it just drained my battery way to quickly. I need to at least run 8-10 hours on a charge and it was draining it to the point I could barely make 8

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I don't use it, but I don't text a lot either. If you're into texting, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

why does everyone love biteSMS. It is a good app, it just drained my battery way to quickly. I need to at least run 8-10 hours on a charge and it was draining it to the point I could barely make 8

BurntReality

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Tyler, TX

I have used BiteSMS for a few years now and have never had it drain battery like you speak of.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
So I was just looking at the pictures in the thread where ppl were posting pictures of the jailbroken home screens, and some of them are awesome.

I am wondering how I can do this with mine, basically the ones that look completely different than the original layout.

Can I do this via cydia and winterboard alone?

The most easy way forward is to install Winterboard and head over to http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=24 and look for a theme of yr liking. If you're willing to spend some time creating/requesting icon art work I recommend http://www.taptounlock.me !

Also, how do I pull up the status bar menu(?), I think that is what i would be called....the menu that shows processes and things like that. My buddy told me how he does on it on his 3G but I dont think it worked the same on 4. Maybe I am wrong.

Complete noob, sorry. Any help?? Please. and thank you.

SBSettings in Cydia. Theme it with the Serious SBSettings theme and you've got yrself a killer setup

And as the others have already mentioned, slam LockInfo, FaceBreak, Barrel, FolderEnhancer, FakeClockUp, MyWi and BiteSMS on there and you're going to score some of the coolest chicks in da hood. Or not....

goinskiing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Meridian, ID
I've been looking for a program that lets you pick and choose your own icons instead of a blanket change from a wb theme. Any programs that do this?

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
half of the fun in jailbreaking is in the discovery of new apps/tweaks you never knew existed. :)

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
I've been looking for a program that lets you pick and choose your own icons instead of a blanket change from a wb theme. Any programs that do this?

Almost no 4.x compatible themes offer blanket change, aka AutoCreate/IconMask approach, at least none that look stunning enough. Read up on this and start creating or go for a theme with only system icons and start theming, again I hear myself recommend http://www.taptounlock.me

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I think you're out of luck there. I've had much success downloading the theme and manually packing together my own variant using iPhone Browser. If you don't like getting your hands dirty, you're probably going to have to stick with what others have put together.

snakemajestic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
thanks for the input!

So ive been messing around with different things today. I installed the HD engraved wood theme, and I like the look of it.

But Iconoclasm doesnt work on 4.2.1....weak. Any other things in cydia that I look for to personalize the layout of my apps/folders? And also, the weather widgets for the theme set the location for philadelphia, pa; while i live in PA, I dont live in Philly. ANy tips on how to change it?

Thanks again everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.