Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andypress

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
Buffalo, NY
I was wondering if anyone had higher red pictures of a Macintosh TV, like from apple's advertising campaign, or from other stuff. It seems like it's just about nonexistant on the net, and the ones that do show up are really small. Thanks in advance.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
im guessing you mean this. i don't know where to get any hi-res pics besides contacting apple or something. that sounds like a pretty cool computer; like a media center before its time.
mactv.jpg

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
This linkety shows a Mac TV, along with a ok-ish picture.

A good way to get pictures is ebay. If one is up for auction, then you can look at the picture. I want one of these... but oh well.

EDIT: DAMNIT! Beaten to it. It took me a few minutes to navigate the site... but you won. Gah.

andypress

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Dr. Dastardly said:
What are you asking? I'm guessing by red you mean res but there is no such thing as a Mac TV.

I'll assume you are talking about Apple commericals. And if so you can find some here that are pretty high res.
There was most definitly a Mac TV. Came out in 1993, and was the last 68040 before the powerpc's came out. It's also one of the most sought after computers.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
homerjward said:
im guessing you mean this. i don't know where to get any hi-res pics besides contacting apple or something. that sounds like a pretty cool computer; like a media center before its time.
mactv.jpg

Sort of the Apple story. They started the digital photo revolution with I think the Quicktake 100.

TLRedhawke

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2004
I'd personally prefer the Twentieth Anniversary Mac. Same media centre functionality, but with a cooler looking design, PPC 603a, and much nicer audio system. They, also, are hard to find, however.

jonnyblobby

macrumors member
May 25, 2003
Aus, Sydney
Long Life Macs

I got an old 5500, it has a performa 580 main board in it, + a video/TV card.

As it only has the extensions needed for TV/CD playback it boots in a few secs.

Then can be used with a remote

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
jonnyblobby said:
I got an old 5500, it has a performa 580 main board in it, + a video/TV card.

As it only has the extensions needed for TV/CD playback it boots in a few secs.

Then can be used with a remote

I had a black 5400 (I needed the black keys and the black mouse for I mod I still haven't finished...)

it was a good machine, fairly responsive and the TV feature worked fine... I sold it to a guy from france though since it just sat around, collecting dust :(

vSpacken

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
mac TV

All I have is some origianl Apple artwork of the 500 series (which the Mac TV was based) You will need Illustrator to open though.

Email me and I will send them to you as they are too big to post.

Regards

MarkJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.