Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonofsam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Torrance, CA USA
I just got around to hooking up my Guitar Synth to GB and it works great! The software instruments are pretty good although not as tweakable as the GR-33 itself.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Cheers

mooncaine

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2004
Not yet, but I will! What's your MIDI interface to Mac?

I'm dying to try this. I have an old G4 and I need to find the best value [bang/buck] on a MIDI + audio interface for it, so I can hook up my new GR-33 to it. It's a G&W G4, 733MHz, 512MB RAM. I'm hoping I can put GB on this box and hook up my GR.

So, in connection with using a GR on a Mac: what kind of interface to you use to hook them together?

sonofsam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Torrance, CA USA
I am using an Edirol UA-20 to hookup my guitar synth to GB. It is USB and I bought it at the Apple store almost a year ago. (The day iLife '04 came out)

I got this on because it has MIDI in/out as well as stereo 1/4" inputs. It is made for Powerbooks I guess because it is lightweight and small. It sells for $179, there are other options that are less expensive. I have not tried any other ones out though.

mooncaine

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2004
Thanks, Sam! I'm going to an Apple store Tuesday; I'll check out what they've got there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.