Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coffey7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
I just turned on my macbook(white 2.0 core duo) and for some reason the light is on for my camera. The green light to the right of the camera doesn't turn off. I tried to restart and its didn't help. When I went to use the photobooth(to see if that would turn it off) it wasn't working. I took a picture and it was all green. Just a blank green page.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Sounds knackered.

You downloaded any hacks or anything?

I know if you download the Mirror Widget for Dashboard it keeps the iSight camera activated all the time, and could clash with PhotoBooth.

coffey7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Sounds knackered.

You downloaded any hacks or anything?

I know if you download the Mirror Widget for Dashboard it keeps the iSight camera activated all the time, and could clash with PhotoBooth.

No I have nothing on this mac. I did a clean install a month ago. I only have the basic dashboard stuff.

steiney

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2009
I just found this thread through google and it worked for me, too. I was in a web seminar for work today, and after it was over, the green light wouldn't go off.

Tech Message

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for your help MacRumors. Everyone with this issue turn off your computer then hold Cmd+Opition+R+P for 20 seconds. Make sure to click the power button once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.