Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
So now that the ipad 2 is out i guess everybody would want to sell their ipad 1 now and in the next 2 weeks ipads used are going to get really low. and i really always wanted an ipad so how much do you guys think i should pay for an first gen ipad? i seing at the apple store reburshed ipad at 350 :)
i allready have an iphone 4 so the i dont really need the cameras :)
thanks in advance

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
The ipad didn't get any worse because an update came out. Still does all the same stuff it did yesterday.

If it's within your price range, why not? We all start somewhere, you just start a bit back and when the 3 comes out, you can upgrade to 2 inexpensively.

I know a few millionaires that wouldn't do it any differently - it's a great mindset to adopt.

jmpnop

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
The original iPad is still great, the new one has better processor and other stuff which many wouldn't use (like FaceTime). For $350 iPad is a GREAT deal:cool:

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
funny thread title. I think the iPad will always be good. Think about it...it was what paved the way for all these other companies to duplicate.

I use my current iPad daily and i love it. The new one will bring features i want, like facetime. Also, as a dev it's nice to have the latest model products to test on. :)

You'll like ANY iPad you buy.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I had a few and sold them :D Saw a deal for $300 - mint condition with a case today and I couldn't turn it down :) I think you can expect a $275-$300 as a fair value - Apple products don't really lose value except when Apple lowers it themselves :)

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
The new iPad looks great. However there isn't anything in there that makes me want to upgrade my first gen. More than happy to keep my current iPad for another year :)

So to answer your question yes the ipad is still good.

Last edited:

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
Great thanks for all of you help guys and not being mean or offensive :)
at iphone hacks people tend to get very agressive :(
so ill just wait untill ipad 2 comes out and try to grab one at 250 or 200 :) do you think ill be possible? since a reb-ipad with warrenty is 350 :confused: :apple:

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
you'll be lucky to find a prestine iPad for 200 or 250. 300 and up is probably more reasonable. you may get one that's a bit rough on the edges for that price, however.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
yeah i know :/
right now at craiglist i see ipad going for 470 or 400
alot of people dont know about the ipad 2 :/
once it comes out i guess its going down ;) (crosses fingers)

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Yeah just wait it out. I currently see 5 @ <$300 in my area for the 16gb Wifi models on CL.

andershoeg

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
To compare, I bought the 1.gen. iPod Touch. It still works jst fine. Not as fast A's my iPhone 4, or my iPad for that matter, but it works. My kid('s) use it for watching movies and such things on our tele, and listen to Music in their room.
What I'm saying is, My old IOS stuff are still being used slot, and no complains. So yes; the iPad 1 is an amazing thing, and Will do you just fine. That being said, it's always nice to get the "latest and greatest", but do we NEED it!?......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.