Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bag302

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
My friends are always sending youtube vids to discuss. Many of them are music videos which cannot be played on the ipad or iphone because the default is m.youtube.

I downloaded the Terra browser which spoofs a desktop CPU instead of a mobile device. However, most music videos seems to require Flash.

Either way, I can't watch them on the ipad/iphone.

Is there a Cydia app that would benefit me? or some other work around?

Thanks.

McGilli

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
What about the YouTube app for the iPad?

you could just type in the name of the video and it will show up for you.

iPad 2nd Gen

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
The whole ****ing point is that music publishers do not allow music videos to be watched through YouTube on mobile devices and Google did a great job at preventing it from happening.

What's happening to you is intended.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
My friends are always sending youtube vids to discuss. Many of them are music videos which cannot be played on the ipad or iphone because the default is m.youtube.

I downloaded the Terra browser which spoofs a desktop CPU instead of a mobile device. However, most music videos seems to require Flash.

Either way, I can't watch them on the ipad/iphone.

Is there a Cydia app that would benefit me? or some other work around?

Thanks.

I believe what you are talking about are the music videos uploaded to Youtube by places such as Vevo. If you search and view them on a computer, it works fine, but when you seach with a mobile device, the videos don't even show in the results. This is because many of the companies that upload music videos to Youtube don't allow mobile devices to view their videos. Try downloading the free Vevo app from the iOS app store. It has most music videos, and even premieres many of them first. You even get a notification when an anticipated new video is released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.