Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theapplefreak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
I'm conflicted in which color to get for the white iPad.

I'll definitely buying the white iPad, but with which Smart Cover color? I know red would look very nice, but it's a leather case and is obviously pretty expensive. Just wanted to hear some opinions.

joltaxt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
If you have the money go with red. Looks sexy and this is what I'll buy Friday.

If you don't, blue is the best poly color imo.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Remember if you go poly, then the interior is always Grey.

If you want solid color, you have to go for the leather.

Personally I want the 'cream' and I am not bothered about it being leather, I'd have settled for poly, but I don't have that choice.

I may go for the blue if the leather is overpriced in the Euro zone.

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
red would look sick, but i think im going with grey because as it gets dirty...it'll just look darker grey.

oclor

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2006
Boston
I would go with tan. I don't think you can get any classier and more professional than the white/tan combination. If you are young and looking for something fun, the red leather any of the poly colors would work (except gray). For the more mature, the leather colors are the way to go IMO.

I gotta say one thing about the gray though. When I saw it on apple's site, I hated it. It looked so dull. But if you look at the picture from engadget, you will see that it's actually not that bad at all:

http://www.engadget.com/photos/ipad-2-more-close-ups/#3938787

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Remember if you go poly, then the interior is always Grey.

If you want solid color, you have to go for the leather.

FIRST I've read of this difference for the interior. they are all microfiber. You're saying the leather is color matched and the polys are all grey?

Where is a picture of the leather interior??

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2003
NH
FIRST I've read of this difference for the interior. they are all microfiber. You're saying the leather is color matched and the polys are all grey?

Where is a picture of the leather interior??

On the store site. You can see that the difference between poly and leather is that the poly has grey on the inside. The leather all have the same color as the front on the inside.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
OP, can you respond and give an indication as to whether or not people's opinions are helping?
Asking whether you should get a white or black iPad is already silly but asking other people what color cover you should get tops it. There are essentially 4 choices (taking out leathers and pink). This is the type of thing that you should just man up and decide for yourself.

aibo82

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
Just hope they colour fast the red leather on the smart cover! as I have had white devices before and leather has a habit of staining!

Remember the white back iphone 3g and some cases discolouring it ?

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Just hope they colour fast the red leather on the smart cover! as I have had white devices before and leather has a habit of staining!

Remember the white back iphone 3g and some cases discolouring it ?
With the exception being the Home button, glass covers the entire area that is white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.