Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
I'm interested in the Smart Cover but a little worried about how it's going to keep the screen clean. Apple says the inside is microfiber but doesn't the fact that rolling the cover into a stand mean that the inside of the cover picks up any dust/dirt on the table you're sitting it on? I hope Griffin or someone comes out with a book-style case with 2 sides and a magnetic hinge.
The best protection that I had for my iPad was a TPU case on the rear and a neoprene netbook sleeve when it was in my bag.

gregruns

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah, you're right and I've thought about that too. Maybe buy a lint roller and clean it once or twice a week?

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
To make it worse, the Smart Cover isn't even stable as a stand unless you fold it with the microfiber OUT. However if you're using it as a typing stand only, you can leave the microfiber part in and it works okay.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
You can roll the microfiber side the other way, like I do, so the leather/polyurethane is on the outside.

As j-a-x said: you can't do this for the stand portion of the stand, otherwise it keeps falling down. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.