Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Never heard of Gazelle so my first thing is to do a google search for Gazelle and when one of the top results that come up is Gazelle and scam. Raises a flag.

I'd try local with craigslist personally.

captjoe06

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2010
I'm hoping to sell mine locally. Not for an iPad 2 but for a laptop. It's a great device but I just want to be more productive as far as writing, video editing and posting to my blog on the road. With speedy processors being stuffed into laptops for short money I'm ready to make the switch.

Mine is a two month old 16gb wifi iPad that is absolutely like brand new and I hope to sell it for $375US. With the camera connection kit and a mar ware case.

I wouldn't sell it for a penny less. It will be interesting to see if people are interested now that iPad 2 is here. IMO the new one isn't a huge bump up. If they improved the display and included an sd card slot I would have gone with the iPad 2.

RCGMac

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
Never heard of Gazelle so my first thing is to do a google search for Gazelle and when one of the top results that come up is Gazelle and scam. Raises a flag.

I'd try local with craigslist personally.

I am surprised that you found them to be negative. I just sold them my old MyTouch 3G and they payed for shipping and I got my money via PayPal in less than a week. You can also get a mailed check from them. $440 may not be bad, especially now that someone can get a refurb 32GB Wi-Fi from Apple for $429.

They sent me emails throughout the process keeping me updated on the status of my item.

RCGMac

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
[YMMV] lol
sold my 16gb wifi with case for $450 & 32gb wifi with case for $550

I am sure you did BEFORE the price drop. :) I think the used market just saw a big correction with Apple clearing out the old stock.

OP, not sure what price you had in mind but eBay will take a chunk of your price for themselves, same with PayPal if you go that route. I would recommend either CL or a place like Gazelle.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Prices yesterday and beyond will not reflect what you can sell it for now. It just took a $100 hit in the 'Clearance' part of Apple's store.

As to the sites, I hate eBay and don't know about Gazelle. CL has always come through for me...

Last edited:

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
ebay

I got a price lock from ebay for 477$ on monday, sent it off tuesday, hopefully THEIR pre-paid shipping label gets there by next tuesday when the guarantee wears off.

477$, no hassle sold for a 32GB wifi ipad gen 1 seemed a good deal to me.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I am surprised that you found them to be negative. I just sold them my old MyTouch 3G and they payed for shipping and I got my money via PayPal in less than a week. You can also get a mailed check from them. $440 may not be bad, especially now that someone can get a refurb 32GB Wi-Fi from Apple for $429.

They sent me emails throughout the process keeping me updated on the status of my item.

Glad to hear of your positive experience with Gazelle. They seemed to check out okay (overall that is) with the BBB.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I've dealt with gazelle several times and never had a single issue.

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
I got a price lock from ebay for 477$ on monday, sent it off tuesday, hopefully THEIR pre-paid shipping label gets there by next tuesday when the guarantee wears off.

477$, no hassle sold for a 32GB wifi ipad gen 1 seemed a good deal to me.

Let us know how this transaction went. Been looking to do the same thing.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I got $415 for my 32GB WiFi last week. eBay
Are people not worried about being scammed on a high priced item like this over eBay?

I'm familiar with selling smaller items and getting a delivery confirmation for proof of delivery with paypal, but on something like this what would have you covered? Im assuming insurance of some kind which is probably pricey and a signature? still seems risky

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Are people not worried about being scammed on a high priced item like this over eBay?

I'm familiar with selling smaller items and getting a delivery confirmation for proof of delivery with paypal, but on something like this what would have you covered? Im assuming insurance of some kind which is probably pricey and a signature? still seems risky

Delivery confirmation along with eBay Seller Protection.

Braindead360

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2008
I'd try Craigslist first. I was the victim of a SNAD scam when I sold my 32GB last year, and that was not fun at all. I sold my 16GB yesterday through Craigslist, and got $375 for it.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007

I have over 90 transactions all of which are 100% positive feedbacks.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Delivery confirmation along with eBay Seller Protection.
What is this pretty much just selling to a verified customer via Paypal?

I have over 90 transactions all of which are 100% positive feedbacks.

So basically what youre saying is as long as you have got really good feedback Paypal most likely will side with ya in the event of someone say claiming they never got it or got a package of books? I actually have a ebay account feedback score of 260 100% positive never had any problems....but also never sold anything over 300 dollars just seems risky to me

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
I'm selling mine on Gazelle. I'm getting 556 for a 64GB+3G. Hopefully it goes well as this is my first time doing this. I normally eBay it, but with the huge drop in price and those stupid eBay & PayPal fees. This appears to be the most profitable option. I tried Craig's List, but I just nothing but spam.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I'm selling mine on Gazelle. I'm getting 556 for a 64GB+3G. Hopefully it goes well as this is my first time doing this. I normally eBay it, but with the huge drop in price and those stupid eBay & PayPal fees. This appears to be the most profitable option. I tried Craig's List, but I just nothing but spam.

Dammit, I'm only getting $533. Their offer went up. I didn't expect that to happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.