Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
We recently updated Ascendo DataVault, Password Manager for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad (Universal App). Version 4.3 is now available from iTunes.

Skip to Version 4.6 announcement.

We have done our best to include your suggestions, see partial list of enhancements below.
  • Synchronize with DataVault for Mac or DataVault for Windows (sold separately) via Wi-Fi, Mobile Me and free Webdav servers (Box.net, Gmx.net, Mydisk.se).
  • Backup and Restore using application file sharing (iOS4), no desktop utility required.
  • Security alert including device GPS location on failed log in attempt.
  • Support for OS4 multitasking to facilitate using passwords with web forms & other apps.
  • Password generator, security timeout, maximum login attempts & much more.
See Release Notes for a complete list. For tech support & help resources, click here.

Questions and comments are welcome. I'll respond as quickly as possible :eek:

Best Regards,
Marc Bolh
CEO, Ascendo

DVLaunch200w.gif
DVi43Tree200px.jpg
DVi43WorldAir200px.jpg
DVi43Options200px.jpg
DVi431Alert.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

kRobbin

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2011
Boulder, CO
The new update is SUPER! :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

Thanks for including my suggestion for searching in fields, labels & notes. Case sensitive search is a nice option. I've got over 300 items in Datavault and sometimes searching on info that's in the notes field is the quickest way to find it.

I've got a question about Rearrange button on icon screen. Tapping on it seems to have no effect. What's is for?

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
I've got a question about Rearrange button on icon screen. Tapping on it seems to have no effect. What's is for?

Hi kRobbin,

The Rearrange button allows you to reposition icons. This might be useful to move your most used icons to the top of the matrix.

Here are the steps;
  • Go to Edit Item screen and tap on the item icon to display the icon selection screen.
  • Tap on Rearrange in the navigation bar, then tap & hold an icon until an arrow appears above it, see screen shot below.
  • Drag the icon to a new position and release it, the other icons will move one to the right.
  • Tap on Save or Back to cancel.
Best,
Marc
DataVault for iOS

DVi43Rearrange200px.jpg

kRobbin

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2011
Boulder, CO
Thanks for the explanation. Nice feature! Would be good add it to the user guide.

I hear there is a beta of Datavault for Mac but I can't find any information on your web site. Is there still time to participate?

328iGuy

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
I have used DataVault for a number of years, previously on my Blackberry models and now on my Mac, iPhone 4 and iPad and can't say enough great things about it.

It is my one life saving app that is used daily multiple times!!! :cool:

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Oh! How didn't I spot your product when searching the Appstore looking for something better than 1Password!.

First off, I'm not interested in the Windows desktop software on any of these products, I simply want to keep it all on my iPhone, hence 1Password Pro NOT having a way to backup or sync to another iPhone without paying for desktop software is not what I want.

I've gone with mSecure for now, may switch to yours before mSecure yet! What caught my eye, aside from good reviews, they offer a FREE backup and restore tool but better yet it lets you backup & restore via email. So once I get everything entered on MY iPhone, I envisage I can email this to my wifes iPhone and restore the data on hers, so I have a backup and she always gets updates from me etc....

Does that make sense? I always appreciate a company that provides good customer support and regular updates while listening to their customers, thanks for taking the time out on here.

Regards
Fedorov.

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
Hi Federov,

Thanks for your interest.

DataVault allows you to Backup & Restore directly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. This does not require a desktop utility or sending your private data via email. If you need to share your data with another user, you simply move it to another device using application file sharing, see user guide for detailed instructions.

DVi43Backup.jpg

<<I've gone with mSecure for now, may switch to yours before mSecure yet!>>
You can import mSecure data using DataVault for Mac or DataVault for Windows then sync to DataVault for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, see user guide. DataVault desktops come with trial periods so it is not necessary to purchase the desktop to import data from other password managers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Marc
Ascendo

ricka

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Great App!!!

I recently switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone4. I was using Datavault on the Blackberry for years and loved it, so I installed it on the iPhone without hesitation. It's solid and feature rich. The over-the-air syncing using MobileMe was easy to setup and works fine.

nedz06

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
I recently switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone4. I was using Datavault on the Blackberry for years and loved it, so I installed it on the iPhone without hesitation. It's solid and feature rich. The over-the-air syncing using MobileMe was easy to setup and works fine.
543.jpg

Really? Hmmm. let me try it. never thought it will work with Iphone4. thanks for the tip. :):)

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I've been looking for a good password keeper for my new iPhone. I had a palm Treo before and had been using handbase on it. I am currently using secret server on my iPhone and it is ok but it is hard to use when you have no phone service.

It sounds like this software will do the trick, I just need to verify that if I buy the datavault app for $9.99 that is all I need to buy to be able to back up the data to my iMac ( so I can restore if I need to).

userinoz

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2011
Problem with synchronising

Since I have updated my iphone to IOS 4.3.. I notice a problem with synchronse my iphone with my desktop(PC). The iphone can not find/detect the PC in order to sync... There are also many others reporting that problem. Please look into this issue and maybe have an update version of Datavault app for Iphone...I have been very happy with it til recently when I can not synchronize with my PC.

Answers to A Buick 8: You do need to purchase a computer version of datavault if you want to use on the Mac, but maybe not if just for back up purpose.
"Synchronize with DataVault for Mac or DataVault for Windows (sold separately) via Wi-Fi..."

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
Since I have updated my iphone to IOS 4.3.. I notice a problem with synchronse my iphone with my desktop(PC).

Hi userinoz,

Please see our user guide and troubleshooting FAQ for possible solutions. If that doesn't help, please send me a private message or email support AT ascendo-inc DOT com referencing this forum post.

Best,
Marc
Ascendo

Last edited by a moderator:

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
The way I read it if all I want to do is "backup" the data I do not need to buy a client for the Mac.

Hi A Buick 8,

That is correct. If all you want to do is backup the information in DataVault for iOS you can do so by tapping the Tools icon and selecting Backup from the Options menu, see screen shot below. You can store multiple backups on your device and restore from your backups at a later time. You can also move the backups from your device to your desktop using file sharing available in the latest versions of iOS.

For detailed instructions, please see the user guide section on Backup & Restore. If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

Best,
Marc
Ascendo

DVi43Backup.jpg

marcbolh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Burlington, VT
DataVault version 4.6, Password Manager for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

We recently released version 4.6.39 of DataVault Password Manager in iTunes. We focused on delivering second generation sync and backup features for iCloud and Dropbox to give users independence from desktop versions or cumbersome backup utilities.
  • Improved iCloud sync to iOS devices including Sync Now and conflict resolution.
  • Automatic Backup to iCloud to give you peace of mind.
  • Improved sync and backup using Dropbox.
  • iPhone 5 and iOS 6 support.
A complete list of improvements can be found on our What's New page. For tech support and contact info click here.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Best,
Marc Bolh
CEO Ascendo

dvi4639backup_icloudsync.png

328iGuy

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
I can concur. I am running the latest release and it is FANTASTIC.....even more than it already was.

This is my daily "Go to" app for my personal and business accounts. Having the sync capability with iCloud is priceless for me, as it is quite hard to keep my iPhone 5, iPad, Macbook Pro and iMac all in sync at all times.

Great job Ascendo, you have a customer for life here! :cool:

Tony2255

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2012
This is an excellent update. I use this on my Mac, two PCs, two iphones and my blackberry so the sync feature is vital for me. I recommend this app to everyone I can. It has never failed me and I depend on it everyday... Great work Ascendo keep it up!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.