Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Agree with pretty much everyone here at how awesome this case is.

Truthfully I had only heard of Magpul as a weapons accessories manufactuerer since my job has a bunch of their attachments and sights laying around for our test rifles.

Despite the old keyhole cut out the Olive drab case I got sent me was actually really great. No flash issues, sturdy case yet easy to grip, and a firm but easy to press volume rocker makes this a steal at the crazy price I heard this cost.

$10 bucks is straight up insane for the price. If only I didn't have so many cases. I can truly see someone not wanting to give this a shot due to no brand recognition and the fact that it looks cheap/plain. Key word is "looks". The case feels really solid and easy to pull in and out of my pocket with little to no lint or sticky-ness

I'm actually giving this one to a co-worker who is really rough on his stuff since he is constantly in the field. We'll see how it holds up for him. He hates the bulk or else I would have given him one of my old Defenders or the new Survivor I just got in. He is currently using a beat to crap Candyshell. I had never seen one of those cracked open until he showed me his.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
It says on their website they are shipping to dealers and distributors, what companies would that be? And if any, which local stores would this be sold at?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
It says on their website they are shipping to dealers and distributors, what companies would that be? And if any, which local stores would this be sold at?

Since they sell firearm accessories, my initial guess would be outdoorsy type stores like Bass Pro Fishing/Gander Mountain or something along those lines. Maybe they'll distribute them to sporting goods store as well like Sports Authority/Dick's/etc. Just a guess.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Since they sell firearm accessories, my initial guess would be outdoorsy type stores like Bass Pro Fishing/Gander Mountain or something along those lines. Maybe they'll distribute them to sporting goods store as well like Sports Authority/Dick's/etc. Just a guess.

Hmm.. Or they could send them to places like walmart which carries iPhone accessories.

NickMagpul

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2011
All,

Sorry for the lack of communication on my end - I'm glad the cases are showing up. Many of you are aware that Magpul's primary product line is composed of weapon accessories/equipment, and my job is military/international sales & business development. As such, I have been in Afghanistan for the last few weeks visiting American and allied friends and end users all over the country, and I will be in Germany for about one more week before heading home to Colorado. We take all product development and production seriously, but as no one is relying on their iPhone case in combat, I'm sure everyone here can understand my absence from this thread while I tend to other matters! To address a couple issues brought up while I was gone:

1. If you sent me an email or PM and have NOT received your case(s), please re-send the email/PM, including your name, shipping address, iPhone model (iPhone 3G/3GS or iPhone 4), and desired color (black, tan, OD green, foliage green, orange, or pink).

2. If you received an iPhone 4 case, but it is the old "key hole" shaped camera/flash hole, please send me an email with the same information requested above (name, shipping address, iPhone model, and desired color). I will make sure to have a replacement sent to you ASAP with the flash issue corrected. Those were the only cases that were supposed to ship, but something may have been overlooked with me being across the globe.

3. I'll address the off center camera/flash port with our production department to see what can be done. I haven't seen it, but then again, I'm running the original version with flash problems...

Thanks for the reviews, everyone. Glad to hear most are satisfied with the case!

NickMagpul

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2011
Looks like Magpull is sending you guys the defects or seconds for free. If that's the way a paying customer's camera cutout is I would send that crap back. Anyone order one from them for real money and have the crooked new and improved camera cutout?? Maybe they just took an exacto to the old design and shipped them out for free?? Gets rid of the old stock and get some free advertising praises from the sheep.

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? Send me an address and I'll send you a free case, too...no exacto blade work, I promise.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey Nick, for some reason I can't find your email address. Please check your PM. I received a iPhone 4 case with the keyhole camera cutout. Great cases!!!

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Love it

Magpul%20Executive%20Field%20Case%20for%20iPhone%204%20side%20front.jpg

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Any love for Canadians? I can't find the new version (which a larger hole for flash) anywhere, including online.

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
My scare - last night I was half asleep, went into the bathroom to take my contacts off, went to grab the phone out of my pocket and BOOM it slipped out of my hand and tumbled noto the bathroom floor (vinyl flooring). It bounced off of the floor, into the wall and back onto the floor (in this magpul executive field case) and the case saved it. No damage and the thud it made when hitting the floor and wall was a gentle thud (almost like I could actually hear the case saving the phone). :cool:

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
All,

Sorry for the lack of communication on my end - I'm glad the cases are showing up. Many of you are aware that Magpul's primary product line is composed of weapon accessories/equipment, and my job is military/international sales & business development. As such, I have been in Afghanistan for the last few weeks visiting American and allied friends and end users all over the country, and I will be in Germany for about one more week before heading home to Colorado. We take all product development and production seriously, but as no one is relying on their iPhone case in combat, I'm sure everyone here can understand my absence from this thread while I tend to other matters! To address a couple issues brought up while I was gone:

1. If you sent me an email or PM and have NOT received your case(s), please re-send the email/PM, including your name, shipping address, iPhone model (iPhone 3G/3GS or iPhone 4), and desired color (black, tan, OD green, foliage green, orange, or pink).

2. If you received an iPhone 4 case, but it is the old "key hole" shaped camera/flash hole, please send me an email with the same information requested above (name, shipping address, iPhone model, and desired color). I will make sure to have a replacement sent to you ASAP with the flash issue corrected. Those were the only cases that were supposed to ship, but something may have been overlooked with me being across the globe.

3. I'll address the off center camera/flash port with our production department to see what can be done. I haven't seen it, but then again, I'm running the original version with flash problems...

Thanks for the reviews, everyone. Glad to hear most are satisfied with the case!

Nick, what's your email address? I can't find it anywhere now, even though I emailed you before. I PMed you, but not sure if you got it or check it.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
@Nick: I PM'd you as well but I don't want to bug you with an email if you already got my PM and/or my case is already on its way to me.

egonpax

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Has Nick replied to anyone here as of yet? I sent him an email but haven't heard anything.

I apparently have the old keyhole version of the case and would like the updated new one!

I REALLY like the Magpul case and a lot of their other accessories for the AR platform! :)

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Has Nick replied to anyone here as of yet? I sent him an email but haven't heard anything.

I apparently have the old keyhole version of the case and would like the updated new one!

I REALLY like the Magpul case and a lot of their other accessories for the AR platform! :)

I sent both a PM and an email to Nick and I haven't received a response to either. Maybe he's still on the road.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
i'd like to buy one of these cases but i'm afraid i'm going to get teh "keyhole" on ebay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.