Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
What is the best wireless mouse out there for the MBA? Is Apple Magic Mouse most compatible and preferred?

torbjoern

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
The Black Lodge
I use the Logitech V470

images

namtaB

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2011
Have you tried the trackpad at all? I've hated trackpads on notebooks and have always used a mouse even when they were cable usb ones. But the trackpad on the Macs is amazing. Multitouch is gold. I bought the magic mouse and tried it but ended up liking the trackpad too much.

iNotion

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Singapore
i am using the bluetooth Logitech M555b.
Definitely the best for my case
because i need a 3rd mouse button for 'expose' (faster workflow)

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Does the Apple Magic Mouse have right click? Since it is missing the scroll wheel, how does it affect scrolling long web pages or documents? Are the multi-touch gestures on the Magic Mouse overrated? I am assuming since the Magic Mouse was designed by Apple, it was made to work specifically with Macs and hence will provide a wholesome experience that other mice may not.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Does the Apple Magic Mouse have right click? Since it is missing the scroll wheel, how does it affect scrolling long web pages or documents? Are the multi-touch gestures on the Magic Mouse overrated? I am assuming since the Magic Mouse was designed by Apple, it was made to work specifically with Macs and hence will provide a wholesome experience that other mice may not.
This will answer most of your questions about how it functions (be sure to watch the video):

http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008

I use the magic mouse everyday, I think it is by far and wide the best mouse out there. The scrolling is amazing with just a light touch and connection is solid using bluetooth. The right click works flawlessly, and battery life is pretty amazing as well.

omniatlas

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2004
while we're on the topic on wireless mouses, does anyone know how to have the magic mouse connect automatically to both my mac os and windows partition when I boot into each OS (multi-boot partition)? It seems like I can only sync it with one OS at a time.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
The Magic Mouse is pretty awesome, but I must warn you, it takes a while to get used to it. It's not really comfortable when you start out. I also wouldn't recommend it for gaming.

I use it for Photoshop work all the time, and it seems to work pretty well and be sensitive/accurate enough.

BENJMNS

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2005
the apple mice are way too slooooooooowwww what a waste of money

i use a microsoft usb mouse when docked to the ACD. super fast and works on various surfaces with aplomb.

simeezee

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I thought about getting a mouse for my 11inch MBA also. But then I realize I had to carry a mouse everywhere I go. So I have decided just to use the trackpad only.

I bought a apple magic mouse to use it with my win7 pc :D

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Have you tried the trackpad at all? I've hated trackpads on notebooks and have always used a mouse even when they were cable usb ones. But the trackpad on the Macs is amazing. Multitouch is gold. I bought the magic mouse and tried it but ended up liking the trackpad too much.

Same here. My magic mouse got used for maybe a month and is now living the easy life retired!

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I thought about getting a mouse for my 11inch MBA also. But then I realize I had to carry a mouse everywhere I go. So I have decided just to use the trackpad only.

I bought a apple magic mouse to use it with my win7 pc :D

Seriously, does it work with a PC and windows 7? If so, I may unretire mine and use it there...........

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008
while we're on the topic on wireless mouses, does anyone know how to have the magic mouse connect automatically to both my mac os and windows partition when I boot into each OS (multi-boot partition)? It seems like I can only sync it with one OS at a time.

Never had this problem. It just works in both for me!

BluePotato

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2011
Huge fan of the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse. If you travel alot and are looking for an easily packable mouse, this should be a consideration.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/arctouchmouse/

This is by far the favorite mouse I have ever used. Unfortunately, it's not bluetooth (unless they made a bluetooth model).

So, for my MBA, I use a Microsoft notebook bluetooth mouse. It is fast and syncs perfectly, but the scroll wheel on it is poor. It registers a middle-mouse click often when I am just trying to scroll.

matelot

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2010
NY

want to sell that magic mouse ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.