Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hirshnoc

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
The saying is indeed 'for all intents and purposes', but 'for all intensive purposes, you're awesome' definitely has meaning. It means you are awesome for all purposes which are considered intensive.

You both win and both lose. Solved.

So 4.3 huh? Nice update!

'For all purposes that are considered intensive?' Are you serious? Do you know what circular reasoning is?

critter13

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2010
home sharing

just streamed Avatar in HD ( highest bitrate movie i have ) from my mac pro to my ipod touch 4g while also pushing the audio via airplay from ipod to set of speakers hooked up to an airport express. Audio was practically perfect in terms of being lined up with the video and the video looked amazing. I am pretty impressed, especially since the A4 chip will be "old" soon.

hirshnoc

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
If you have the GM downloaded before it's officially released, instead of option+clicking the Restore button, try option+clicking the Update button. It should allow you to select the file and update the same way it allows you to select the file and restore.

ahhhh gotcha thanks!

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
The saying is indeed 'for all intents and purposes', but 'for all intensive purposes, you're awesome' definitely has meaning. It means you are awesome for all purposes which are considered intensive.

You both win and both lose. Solved.

So 4.3 huh? Nice update!

What he meant to say was "Intensive Porpoises". Those dolphins sure are intense!

funkyp56

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen

How do you do this, I don't see it anywhere.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Apple TV update "What's New"
img0361qq.jpg

ThaChadwick

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
NOOOOOOOO something happened during the update and now I have to restore it deleting all my music I have spent hours encoding down for the iPhone :(

Know the feeling.

What Ive done to eliminate the hassle of this is after restore is all of my burned tracks (only cuase they werem't available in iTunes) I converted them to AAC, thus creating a folder for them in iTunes Music. Then transferred the entire iTunes Music folder from my PC to my work computer via thunb drive, thus if it ever happens again, its no probs. I can restore and easily be back to normal without breaking a sweat.

Good luck

EDIT: Phone is now on 4.3....

Last edited:

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Home sharing PSA for people like me: settings/iPod/fill in your Apple ID info under home sharing. THEN go back to iPod, select "more" on the far right, now a Shared option will show up in the list. There's no authentication code protocol like with up Apple's iOS Remote app to work with a desktop/laptop running iTunes. Provided you get your Apple ID right and it matches the one attached to your iTunes account, it just connects, grabs the library info (takes a minute or so the first time around, but there's a progress display to let you know it's working), and away you go.

(Presume this is the same for procedure for getting home sharing to work on iPad, but I have some work I need to get done before I update my iPad.)

hirshnoc

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Same here, only took 9 minutes. But then again, Im doing this at work ....better broadband. Firmware currently updating.

To All iPhone 4 GSM owners whom have downloaded: Any noticeable differences in speed of Safari?!? Any other notable changes?

In a few minutes, Ill be able to report what I see once my update is finished.

I'd say Safari is faster but moreso because they hyped it up and that's what you're looking for. If you want speed you will SEE speed. Wi-Fi/3G has gotten better with each model phone. To me, it's maybe only about 10% faster.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
damn...Does anybody know if it's safe to update for JAILBREAK people? (i need to keep unlock as well)

Not safe obviously.
You never update to official firmware if you want to keep your JB and unlock.
If you do the unlock will be gone.

You guys think Tinyumbrella will be able to preserve my 01.59.00 baseband? Or should I be the first to find out? :p

Check out the TU site for more details.
I'd hold off though for a few days.
http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.