Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liberal

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2011
Connecticut
I chose the $40 version. The $60 case with the 360 swivel looks nice, but a bit too bulky for my taste with the break in the middle. I'll see how the $40 one is. Hopefully the iPad will feel secure in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1agNRzkKE

I ordered the Targus 360 Swivel Stand/Case and got it Monday. It really is nice and it doesn't seem too bulky. The part that covers the screen when it's closed is soft and thicker for added protection. I think it will be a great case.

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
I ordered the Targus 360 Swivel Stand/Case and got it Monday. It really is nice, it doesn't seem very bulky at all. The part that covers the screen when it's closed is soft and thicker for added protection. I think it will be a great case.

Does the case fold flat for handheld use? I haven't been able to find any pictures of it online in such a position, and that's the one major misgiving I have about ordering it.

Liberal

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2011
Connecticut
Does the case fold flat for handheld use? I haven't been able to find any pictures of it online in such a position, and that's the one major misgiving I have about ordering it.

I wondered that too, but I took the chance and if it didn't I'd just return it. But it does! I've attached pictures.

Top view:
ipadcase1.jpg

Level view:
ipadcase2.jpg

tek210

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
I ordered the 360 unit, should be in tomorrow. I think it will fit the bill for what I need. At least I don't have to leave it naked on day 1 and be paranoid all the time.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I may order the cheaper one so that I know for sure I have a case for it on Friday, but more than likely it would be going back to Amazon before the 30 days is up.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I may order the cheaper one so that I know for sure I have a case for it on Friday, but more than likely it would be going back to Amazon before the 30 days is up.

Which ideal case do you have your eye on at the moment?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Which ideal case do you have your eye on at the moment?

I'm not really a folio case kind of guy. I am actually hoping a TPU case is available at launch. Targus has one, but it's not currently available at Amazon and I don't know if it will be in stores at launch.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I ordered a clear TPU case from the handhelditems.com link given in the iPad 2 case thread futher down the page. Came out to just under $12 after tax.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I ordered a clear TPU case from the handhelditems.com link given in the iPad 2 case thread futher down the page. Came out to just under $12 after tax.

Yeah, it may have been the link I shared. I didn't order from there mainly because I knew it wouldn't be here Friday. If nothing is available in store Friday then I might order from HHI.

joltaxt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
I'm sorry but that case looks hideous. Looks way too bulky, and the white stitching showing with the black looks awfully tacky. These cases are the reason Apple went with the smart cover to not compromise the beautiful design of the iPad, but to each his own.

Liberal

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2011
Connecticut
I'm sorry but that case looks hideous. Looks way too bulky, and the white stitching showing with the black looks awfully tacky. These cases are the reason Apple went with the smart cover to not compromise the beautiful design of the iPad, but to each his own.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the white-on-black stitching of the case featured in the video, but the 360 Swivel stand/case from Targus has stitching that matches the color of the material on the inside of the case which makes it look nicer, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the white-on-black stitching of the case featured in the video, but the 360 Swivel stand/case from Targus has stitching that matches the color of the material on the inside of the case which makes it look nicer, in my opinion.

AFAIK, both Targus cases have the exact same colors for their interiors and stitching. I'll post photos of mine when it arrives.

Take a look at them here:

http://www.targus.com/us/section.as...laWdodD0wJmxhc3RpdGVtPVRIWjA0NlVTJnNvcnRieT18

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
My Targus case arrived today. Overall, good impression. Very slim profile and the front cover easily bends around to be flush with the back. Color of the stitching matches the interior. I like how the entire iPad is surrounded with a soft inner lining. Another plus, there is no strap, but rather the front cover hooks around the iPad to keep it closed. Here are some quick pics:

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
looks nice. I ordered the TPU case earlier. It was in stock on Amazon earlier, but now showing that it will be in stock and shipping on the 12th.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
My postal scale says it weighs 9.4 oz. Feels very light in hand--without an iPad of course. ;)

And yes, the front cover easily folds flat to the back.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT

Yea I did too, got it today what a piece of crap!

I'll bet right now this rush job is not going to fit at all, and the camera will be obstructed.

A total waste of money!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.